× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 104 maximum expansion

giuseppeT
Aspirant

ReadyNas 104 maximum expansion

Hi evryone,

today is a second day with my ReadyNas 104 and I'm very satisfied of this product !

I have one question on the maximum volume capacity to 16TB with the new firmware. The best solution with x-raid is 2x 5TB and 2x 6TB hard drive? so as have 15TB?

Now my ReadyNas has 2x 3TB WD RED and I want considering the best volume upgrade by future.

Thanks,

Giusepe

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas 104 maximum expansion

@ifixidevices wrote:

You're running 6.0 and as far as I believe 6.0 doesn't have an expansion limit. I would know as I would have already hit it...

The RN100 series started out with a 16 TiB volume limit, but in 6.4.0 this was changed, so there is no longer a volume limit.

@ifixidevices wrote:

Will be adding two more 8TB drives as soon as I find a few good deals on them.

Hopefully not Seagate Archival drives...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
ifixidevices
Luminary

You're running 6.0 and as far as I believe 6.0 doesn't have an expansion limit. I would know as I would have already hit it... I started out with 1 8TB drive in a readynas pro 6 and then added 3 more (I have 21.82TB's of storage available to me.)

So for you on a 104 I'd say you'll be just fine.

Message 2 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@ifixidevices wrote:

You're running 6.0 and as far as I believe 6.0 doesn't have an expansion limit. I would know as I would have already hit it...

The RN100 series started out with a 16 TiB volume limit, but in 6.4.0 this was changed, so there is no longer a volume limit.

@ifixidevices wrote:

Hopefully not Seagate Archival drives...

Message 3 of 6
giuseppeT
Aspirant

yes, I have updated the firmware to 6.4.0 so I don't have any limit with my x-raid system? this is a great notice! 

So can I add 2x 8TB WD RED to my 2x 3TB base and than replace my hard drive base with another 2x 8TB without loss the data? 

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@giuseppeT wrote:

So can I add 2x 8TB WD RED to my 2x 3TB base and than replace my hard drive base with another 2x 8TB without loss the data? 

AFAIK there is no 8 TB WD RED.

But when and if there is, then yes.

Message 5 of 6
giuseppeT
Aspirant

lol, sorry I mean 6TB WD RED 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos