× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 104 network connectivity issues

jhsg
Aspirant

ReadyNas 104 network connectivity issues

Hi, 

I am using a readynas 104 on firmware 6.8.0. 

The NAS was working fine and every time I went into the dashboard I was getting automatic notifications about firmware updates. 

The other day I plugged the NAS into a d-link 5 port gigabit switch and while I can still; access the internet on my network (including other devices running out of the same switch as the NAS) and access file shares on my NAS from the entire network, it has stopped backing up on the cloud (readyvault) and gives me the below error message. 

" Operation timeout. communication error. check your internet connection, DNS settings or proxy settings. " 

Seems to me the NAS has suddenly stopped seeing the internet... does anyone have any ideas on what could be the cause? 

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas 104 network connectivity issues

what model switch?

Did you try bypassing it, and connect the NAS to the router directly again?

Message 2 of 4
jhsg
Aspirant

It’s a TP-LINK SG1005D. Works fine when I bypass the switch but as noted in my original post my other devices plugged into the switch aren’t impacted.

Thanks.
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

I'm not seeing much you can do other than bypass the switch.  Though it seems odd that this only affects internet connectivity, and not local access.

Something incompatible with the "green" ethernet mode?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements