× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 212 - Email alerts

peterdeleu
Follower

ReadyNas 212 - Email alerts

From time to time (+/- 2 times a week) I get an email alert that communication with my NAS is lost. Always exactly 3 minutes later I get en alert the communication was restored.

Example: https://imgur.com/a/vBrm72P

I don't see anything wrong with my device and during that period my internet connection is ok.

What could be the reason for this?

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas 212 - Email alerts

@peterdeleu

Welcome to the Community!

Checking the screenshot you have provided, you connected the ReadyNAS to Insight, the notification you are receiving is due to the NAS dropping out of the connection on the Internet and then reconnecting back.

Not really sure what could be the main reason but I don't think it is some kind of a problem. It might be due to the NAS refreshing it's connection to Insight. It is just that Insight is sending a notice that the NAS went out or went to a break and came back 🙂

The dropping out of NAS on the Internet might not be affected since it reconnects almost at the same time. It is possible that the Online alert is being sent on a later time.

HTH

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas 212 - Email alerts

@peterdeleu

Welcome to the Community!

Checking the screenshot you have provided, you connected the ReadyNAS to Insight, the notification you are receiving is due to the NAS dropping out of the connection on the Internet and then reconnecting back.

Not really sure what could be the main reason but I don't think it is some kind of a problem. It might be due to the NAS refreshing it's connection to Insight. It is just that Insight is sending a notice that the NAS went out or went to a break and came back 🙂

The dropping out of NAS on the Internet might not be affected since it reconnects almost at the same time. It is possible that the Online alert is being sent on a later time.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements