× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 214: Unable to Logon after FW Update

kncowans
Virtuoso

ReadyNas 214: Unable to Logon after FW Update

Hello all

I just updated my ReadyNas 214 this morning and after it Rebooted I can no longer access it as it asks for the Admin Password but it is not being accepted.

The ReadyNas shows up in File Explorer and I have tried accessing it from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10, Android Phone and also Microsoft Internet Explorer on Windows 10 all with the same result.

I have tried the Password Recovery but when I enter the details all I get is the spinning wheel.

Everything was working fine prior to the FW Update.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
kncowans
Virtuoso

Re: ReadyNas 214: Unable to Logon after FW Update

Hello @Sandshark 

Yes, I tried the Default Password but nothing worked.

I am happy to report though that I have just finished performing an OS Reinstall from the Boot Menu which worked, it Reset a few Settings including the Admin Password but at least I can now access it again.

Thanks

Kevin

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Did you try the default password password?  While an OS update isn't supposed to change it, an OS re-install does, and maybe something got confused in your update.

Message 2 of 3
kncowans
Virtuoso

Hello @Sandshark 

Yes, I tried the Default Password but nothing worked.

I am happy to report though that I have just finished performing an OS Reinstall from the Boot Menu which worked, it Reset a few Settings including the Admin Password but at least I can now access it again.

Thanks

Kevin

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements