× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 313 keeps disconnecting with samsung tv(s) when streaming a movie over DNLA

mathiourose
Aspirant

ReadyNas 313 keeps disconnecting with samsung tv(s) when streaming a movie over DNLA

Hi - for years I have had trouble free streaming from my readynas 314 (and others) to my samsung tvs for many years.

Just recently, the connection keeps being disconnected (watching a movie) after around 12 minutes. I timed it and it happens very regulary - its really annoying obviously. I dont think its the TV as I have the same issue on two different samsung tvs and an LG OLED thats brand new. 

I am running firmware 6.10.5 hotfix 1 and have 4x 8tb hdds if that matters. One tv is wired and the other is on wifi so I dont think thats the issue either. 

Help appreciated as I have been using netgear products for many years (5 nas models over time)...

Thanks

Jonathan

Model: RN31421D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (2x 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas 313 keeps disconnecting with samsung tv(s) when streaming a movie over DNLA

@mathiourose wrote:

Hi - for years I have had trouble free streaming from my readynas 314 (and others) to my samsung tvs for many years.

What are you using for the streaming?  (Popular options are ReadyDLNA and Plex).

Message 2 of 4
mathiourose
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas 314 keeps disconnecting with samsung tv(s) when streaming a movie over DNLA

I have always used ReadyDNLAN and didnt have issues until recently. I have rolled back firmware to 6.10.4 to see if this fixes it. Have not checked yet. 

Thanks for the reply.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas 314 keeps disconnecting with samsung tv(s) when streaming a movie over DNLA

It might be useful to run the disk test from the settings wheel of the volume (on the volume tab).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements