× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas 314 - admin page unavailable and status display shows usfdapi_file_flush+253

JohnEvans
Aspirant

ReadyNas 314 - admin page unavailable and status display shows usfdapi_file_flush+253

I have a ReadyNAS 314 with 3-off 4TB WD Purple disks. It gets into a state where the data is still accessible but the admin page won't appear on my browser. I have previously rebooted it via the main power switch. This time the status display is showing "ufsdapi_file_flush+253". The lack of access to the admin page started last night and is still the case. I have only just seen the status display (the NAS is hidden in a cupboard). The NAS seems to be still doing the overnight backup so I will wait until that seems to be complete before I reboot. The splash screen says I am on "Version 6.9.5".

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: ReadyNas 314 - admin page unavailable and status display shows usfdapi_file_flush+253

Hi @JohnEvans, any progress on your side? The "...flush+253"-error could be caused by a lack of available space on your disk-array. Should that be the case, I would suggest to remove files until not more than 70% to 80% of the array is occupied. Depending on what you are trying to write to it even 90% might be still ok. However, you should get more space, though, to avoid this kind of scenario, in case the assumptions made here turn out to be true.

Kind regards

Message 2 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Can you download the log zip file with RAIDar ( https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar )

Message 3 of 9
JohnEvans
Aspirant

Hi Roland

I have two external drives that are hitting 80% capacity. I have reformatted them and will reduce the volume of data on them and see what happens.

Thanks for your interest

John

Message 4 of 9
JohnEvans
Aspirant

Hi Stephen

I wrote an extensive reply including the zip file but found this community system won't accept zip files. Unfortunately the extensive reply disappeared when inadvertently stepped back a page. If you can identify a way of my getting the zip file (or some of its contents) to you I am happy to try. Meanwhile I will go with the "80% capacity" idea.

Thanks for your interest

John

Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@JohnEvans wrote:

I wrote an extensive reply including the zip file but found this community system won't accept zip files. Unfortunately the extensive reply disappeared when inadvertently stepped back a page. If you can identify a way of my getting the zip file (or some of its contents) to you I am happy to try.

You don't want to post your log zip file publicly, as there is some information leakage when you do that.

Netgear mods (for instance @JohnCM_S) are in the best position to analyze your logs (and I don't work for them).  @Hopchen is a former Netgear employee who also has been analyzing some logs.

The best approach is to send them a private message (click on the envelope at the top of the forum page).  Include a download link for your logs (dropbox, google drive, etc).

Message 6 of 9
Hopchen
Prodigy

Yup, will be happy to take a look at the logs for you. Follow instructions as StephenB said 🙂
Message 7 of 9
Hopchen
Prodigy

Hi @JohnEvans 

Thanks for sending over the logs. Your raid, disks and data volume are all OK. So, this issue must be a hick-up on the OS level.

I do see the GUI not loading (i.e. you get a splash screen and that is all). There is also a lot of tracker-miner-fs errors which is believe is the file search function on the NAS. I wonder if the file search is causing some issues here. For example, below, we can see tracker-miner-fs errors followed by GUI timeout to the admin page.

Apr 19 21:00:16 readynasd[3091]: (process:3091): Tracker-WARNING **: tracker-backend.vala:211: Falling back to bus backend, the direct backend failed to initialize: Locale change detected (DB:en_US.UTF-8, User/App:C)
Apr 19 21:02:28 tracker-miner-fs[10633]: (tracker-miner-fs:10633): Tracker-CRITICAL **: (Sparql buffer) Error in task 0 (file:///data/Backup/Samsung%20Notebook/WindowsImageBackup/SamsungNotebook/Catalog/BackupGlobalCatalog) of the array-update: Subject `urn:uuid:48493b18-052e-9b1e-cef0-067584878f0d' is not in domain `nfo:FileDataObject' of property `nfo:fileName'
Apr 19 21:02:28 tracker-miner-fs[10633]: (tracker-miner-fs:10633): Tracker-CRITICAL **: Could not execute sparql: Subject `urn:uuid:48493b18-052e-9b1e-cef0-067584878f0d' is not in domain `nfo:FileDataObject' of property `nfo:fileName'

Apr 19 21:04:51 apache2[31251]: [warn] [client 10.0.0.38] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /frontview/lib/dbbroker.cgi, referer: https://10.0.0.6/admin/
Apr 19 21:04:51 apache2[31251]: [error] [client 10.0.0.38] Script timed out before returning headers: dbbroker.cgi, referer: https://10.0.0.6/admin/
Apr 19 21:05:10 readynasd[3091]: Couldn't query the Tracker Store file numbers: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Tracker1.SparqlError.Internal: Operation was cancelled

If you can regain access to the GUI at some stage, try to disable the file search function to see if that alleviates the issues and let us know.
1. Click System > Settings.
2. Under Services, click File Search.
3. Un-check the Enabled box, then click Apply.

Cheers

Message 8 of 9
JohnEvans
Aspirant

Hi Hopchen

I regained access to the GUI (usign a power-down) and haven't seen the problem since. As mentioned earlier, I have reduced the volume of data on the extrenal drives.

I have taken your advice and switched-off File Search. Unfortunately (for diagnostic purposes) the problem is infrequent so I doubt I will be able to form any conclusions as to it being fixed or not unless it decides to reoccur.

Whilst I understand log-files in-general I have no understanding of the NAS so I won't be able to interpret them myself. If you like I can wait a few days and download the logs again to see if the problem has cleared-up - your choice.

John

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements