× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 314

Peter_Zulof
Guide

ReadyNas 314

Dears,

I have recently purchased readynas 314 with 16 TB for file sharing purposes, i need to access this drive from machine(not by IP adress only), provided company adviced me to by ESATA cable to do it,

now i am having it but cant find it under machine drives, despite its appear on the disk managment pane(Attached) but cannot initiate it.

Do i need to format it?

BestDisk Management.png

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas 314

@Peter_Zulof wrote:

Thank you stephen, unfortunately that's what i mean exactly, the provider engineer told me that i can by Esata cable, is there a way to access it from PC, I am struggling transfer my old data to it by drag and drop, its approx 1 TB.

Best

This was a Netgear Engineer?  

The information is incorrect.  You cannot access the NAS with eSata (or USB).  Those interfaces allow the NAS to access external hard drives, not the reverse.

You'll need to use an IP connection (gigabit ethernet being the fastest).

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

I'm not sure I fully understand your post.

Are you trying to access the NAS by connecting an eSATA cable between the NAS and the PC?  That won't work.  You can only access it over an IP network.

Message 2 of 5
Peter_Zulof
Guide

Thank you stephen, unfortunately that's what i mean exactly, the provider engineer told me that i can by Esata cable, is there a way to access it from PC, I am struggling transfer my old data to it by drag and drop, its approx 1 TB.

Best

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Peter_Zulof wrote:

Best

This was a Netgear Engineer?  

The information is incorrect.  You cannot access the NAS with eSata (or USB).  Those interfaces allow the NAS to access external hard drives, not the reverse.

You'll need to use an IP connection (gigabit ethernet being the fastest).

Message 4 of 5
Peter_Zulof
Guide

A provider engineer from a compamy named EDISCO, Dell distributer .

Sorry tp hear that, thank you for your time.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements