× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas 316 Front Panel light wont go out 6.6.1

john_h1
Tutor

ReadyNas 316 Front Panel light wont go out 6.6.1

For some reason the lights on my Readynas 316 front panel no longer go out.  I've tried a reboot but they still stay on.  Everything else seems to be working ok from what I can tell.  I'm running OS 6.6.1

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay
Message 1 of 6
pingjockey
Tutor

I just started having the same issue yesterday as well on my 316 with the same firmware. Support had me go into boot mode and I still had issues so they are sending me a new unit (Personally I think it's a software issue).

Message 2 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This comes up from time to time and is not easily reproducible. You may find that with a reboot or firmware update that things bo back to normal or that the front panel remains lit even after that.

Message 3 of 6
pingjockey
Tutor

I figured as much as the support agent wasn't able to explain the issue. I checked the apt history logs to see if maybe a package was updated or something but I didn't find anything, 

Ultimately support decided to RMA the unit because the panel wouldn't work in boot menu mode either. At this point the panel is however working and responding (albiet slowly) now.

Message 4 of 6
john_h1
Tutor

So what are my courses of action to get this fixed?  

My ReadyNAS is less than 12 Months old, but it would appear I have to pay for support to get this looked at?  WTF?  I went through the online process and it says permium paid support is avialable

Message 5 of 6
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi john_h1,

Kindly try getting support via chat. If you just purchased the unit about a year ago, then it would have a lifetime warranty via our chat support experts.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements