× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 6.2 (NAS locks up entirely) Part 2

mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

ReadyNas 6.2 (NAS locks up entirely) Part 2

Can all users still encountering this issue even after updating to the production 6.2.3 firmware please reach out to me directly via PM.

Can all users still encountering this issue on the beta firmware please reach out to me directly via PM.

See Part 1 for previous discussion.
Message 1 of 17
bobkellyrd
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas 6.2 (NAS locks up entirely) Part 2

Can you provide a link to the 6.2.3 beta download?

Thanks.
Message 2 of 17
StephenB
Guru

bobkellyrd wrote:
Can you provide a link to the 6.2.3 beta download?
Public betas downloads are in this forum 😄
viewforum.php?f=54
Message 3 of 17
kplatte
Aspirant

Updating that still locking up on 6.3.3 beta also
Message 4 of 17
Steerpike
Aspirant

Please forgive a Noob question, but mdgm and I have been communicating via "PM" about this issue; I see his messages in my 'inbox' and I see the responses in my 'sent messages' folder.

However, replies sent last night, with key information (how he can log into my device and make diagnostic changes) all seem to be sitting in my 'outbox'. This suggests to me they are not sent.

Specifically, I see:
Inbox
Outbox (3)
Sent Messages
Message 5 of 17
Steerpike
Aspirant

Please forgive a Noob question, but mdgm and I have been communicating via "PM" about this issue; I see his messages in my 'inbox' and I see the responses in my 'sent messages' folder.

However, replies sent last night, with key information (how he can log into my device and make diagnostic changes) all seem to be sitting in my 'outbox'. This suggests to me they are not sent.

Specifically, I see:
Inbox
Outbox (3)
Sent Messages

The inbox has two messages in it from mdgm, but no 'count', and the 'sent messages' folder has 2 messages in it, but no 'count'. The '(3)' count makes me think they are in some way stuck.

Am I completely misunderstanding this?
Message 5 of 17
StephenB
Guru

They stay in outbox until read.

Mdgm lives in Australia, so there is a time zone lag for most of us.
Message 7 of 17
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I'm away this weekend and will take a look at the messages on Monday.
Message 8 of 17
Steerpike
Aspirant

Interesting update; after upgrading to 6.2.3-T1721 yesterday, the RN104 locked up within the hour. I then reset it (power unplug/plug), and almost immediately turned OFF AFP, ReadyDLNA, UPNP (and turned on SSH for troubleshooting). Ever since, the box has stayed up (over 24 hours so far - not great but better than anything else recently!

So to confirm - I have ON:
SMB
Rsync
HTTP
HTTPS
SNMP
SSH

And I have OFF:
AFP
NFS
FTP
ITunes
ReadyDLNA
UPnP
Antivirus

I'll continue to monitor to see if this makes any long term difference.
Message 9 of 17
Steerpike
Aspirant

Steerpike wrote:
Interesting update; after upgrading to 6.2.3-T1721 yesterday, the RN104 locked up within the hour. I then reset it (power unplug/plug), and almost immediately turned OFF AFP, ReadyDLNA, UPNP (and turned on SSH for troubleshooting). Ever since, the box has stayed up (over 24 hours so far - not great but better than anything else recently!

So to confirm - I have ON:
SMB
Rsync
HTTP
HTTPS
SNMP
SSH

And I have OFF:
AFP
NFS
FTP
ITunes
ReadyDLNA
UPnP
Antivirus

I'll continue to monitor to see if this makes any long term difference.

Forget it - device went offline sometime after posting this last night! So there goes that theory!

And mdgm - you'll have to wait till I can have someone reset the device now before you can remote-access it. Probably late Monday.
Message 10 of 17
Embersoffury
Aspirant

I think i'm experiencing the same issues

here's my thread - http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=80518
Message 11 of 17
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Embersoffury yours sounds like a memory usage issue. I don't think the issue is the same.
Message 12 of 17
sauronek
Aspirant

Any news?
Message 13 of 17
wli
Tutor
Tutor

Does 6.2.3 GA fix this issue?
Message 14 of 17
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

wli wrote:
Does 6.2.3 GA fix this issue?

No. However it does fix some other issues, so updating to 6.2.3 would still be helpful for isolating which problem a system has.
Message 15 of 17
Wansurfer
Aspirant

I updated to 6.2.4 and it still happens. I found a solution, I baught a working one....so it is no more so urgent for me... also in this version the WOL do not work anymore.... it seems to get worse and worse with every new version. We observed on a Router Cisco RV180 also a strange behaviour, also this router switched off working after some time with a newer FW 1.5.x.x, after downgrading to the older Version 1.4.x.x... no problem anymore.... I guess they habe the same Processorfamily. :roll:
Message 16 of 17
wli
Tutor
Tutor

Did 6.2.5 fix this issue? I have been waiting for a fix to update RN104 from 6.1.9, thanks.

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements