× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 6 ultra - Surveilance camera save to NAS - Format share seems to format all NAS disks

littomalt
Aspirant

ReadyNas 6 ultra - Surveilance camera save to NAS - Format share seems to format all NAS disks

Hi

i have a camera fromHikvision DS-2CD2385FWD-I.

On NAS i have made a share.

On camera setings i have added the share.

As you see on picture below, my  shareis listing capasity = 11110 GB which is ALL MY DISKS. free space 0, and Uninitialized.

My question is: I dont dare to click Format on this because i am afraid all disks get formated. What shall i do?

2017-09-28 00_59_55-Configuration - Internet Explorer.png

Model: ReadyNAS RNDU6310|ReadyNAS Ultra 6
Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNas 6 ultra - Surveilance camera save to NAS - Format share seems to format all NAS disks

Based on this: http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/File/201433115208669.pdf, it looks like "format" is a bad choice of words and what it will do is initialize a database, file structure, or something like that.  But you should verify that in a Hikvision forum.  I assume you already have NFS enabled on the NAS and share you intend to use or you would not see the NAS at all.

Message 2 of 3
torstein_osborg
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas 6 ultra - Surveilance camera save to NAS - Format share seems to format all NAS disks

Thanks Sandshark. I contact Hikvision today.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements