× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas Duo RND2000 V2

EddVardas
Aspirant

ReadyNas Duo RND2000 V2

Hi all, 

I've got an issue vith my Readynas Duo v2: after upgrade tto Windows 10 on all my computers at home, cannot connect to Nas. The same issue with my TV (LG with webOS), where I used to watch streams from NAS. 

I spent hours and hours reading threads on different forums, but unfortunately nothing helped. The most unusual thing, is that I see my nas NAS in Windows Explorer, but cannot enter the folder. 

I also can connect to the web interface of the NAS through the browser, bot not to the Transmission app (IP<0.0.0.0.>:9091). 

It looks like the problem might be in the network, but I could not find any working solution. I use TP-Link AC1200. 

Pls help to get back the connection. 

Message 1 of 7
aks-2
Apprentice

You might try \\<nas IP address>\media, if not successful then please share the IP address of you PC and NAS. Has anything else changed in your network?

Message 2 of 7
StephenB
Guru

also go into "turn windows features on or off" and make sure the SMB 1.0/CIFS client is enabled.

I suggest using the IP address rather than the hostname for now.

What firmware are you running?

Message 3 of 7
EddVardas
Aspirant

Hi, 

Thanks for your quick response. 

SMB 1.0/CIFS client was enabled. 

The firmware is 5.3.13.

Using IP address to get to the NAS. What else to try? 

RAIDar shows NAS as healthy, both drives are running well. 

Message 4 of 7
EddVardas
Aspirant

Hi, trying to reach \\<nas IP address>\media - getting wrong password response. While connecting through the web with this password works. 

IP address is shared, nothing else changed in the network. 

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@EddVardas wrote:

Using IP address to get to the NAS. What else to try? 

If you can access the NAS shares from File Explorer with the IP address, then you likely have a discovery issue.  One workaround is to reserve the IP address of the NAS in your router, and add the hostname to the PCs' Host file.

If you can't access the NAS shares from File Explorer with the IP address, then try running the command prompt on the PC (CMD):

net use * /delete /y
net use t: \\nas-ip-address\sharename /user:admin nas-admin-password

using actual values for the NAS IP address, sharename, nas admin password of course.  Be careful on the typing (both slash direction and spacing).

The first command terminates any open SMB sessions; the second attempts to map the share to drive letter T. 

If that works, then try the commands again with the NAS hostname.  Note the first command will undo the mapping of the drive letter.

Let us know what happens with these commands.

Message 6 of 7
aks-2
Apprentice

As Stephen mentiones it could be cached credentials. Are you getting a log in request via Windows file Explorer?

What happens if you try to map a drive, selecting a specified user logon?

From a DOS Command window type 'net view' to list active connectios.

Take a look in Windows Credentials Manager too, and delete any entries to the NAS, you can then re-instate them or you'll be prompted when you make the first connection.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements