× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Duo & Data Recovery

thcmas35
Follower

ReadyNas Duo & Data Recovery

I wanted to share my experience for data recovery on my Netgear NAS Duo. I have had a bumpy ride accessing data my ReadyNAS with the various firmware updates and then stopped using it altogether when I found myself putting more time into keeping
it alive then it was worth to me. I had tried resetting everything and in the meantime, somehow accidentally ended up reformatting the disks. In my setup I have (2) 1TB HDD, both which appeared to been completely wiped. I read about some data recovery software options to just retrieve my data and move on. I tried free software from Recuva and explored a couple others. I had recovered some of my personal data (videos unplayable, some good thumbnails, many scrambled pictures, few whole pictures),
but wasn’t sure that was the best I could do. So I looked at additional options. In my quest, I came across Reclaime Data Recovery and tried their demo scan. The software was not inexpensive to purchase, so my expectation was that it may work for me when other options did not meet my expectations.  And it did. I tried their free scan. I could see the files, I could play videos without issue. I could even find the files with ease – something that was challenging in the other scans I tried. The GUI was simple (helpful for me being more of a novice and losing patience) and I could not have asked for better results recovering my data from my drives. If you want to save the data you will need to purchase the software. If anyone else is trying to figure out how to retrieve data from their older NAS – I would urge you to give this the free scan a try to see if this works for you. 

Model: RND2110|ReadyNAS Duo 1TB (1 X 1TB)
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements