× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Duo v2 refused to connect

lockvkf
Aspirant

ReadyNas Duo v2 refused to connect

ReadyNas Duo v2 fitted with 2 x 1.5TB disks

This was connected to my network, but sometime last year it disappeared off my network. I noticed this as it was always on, since I have my iTunes library on it, and I play it via my Sonos music system, and one day, around summer 2017, it no longer showed up on my Sonos controller. Checking on my PC laptop, it no longer showed up on Network either (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit).

On running RAIDar it reports 'No disks detected', when it has 2 plugged in that had been working fine.

On clicking 'Admin Page', brings up browser page with '<IP address of ReadyNas> refused to connect'.

The <IP address of ReadyNas> pings OK in CMD DOS prompt.

All the lights on the unit are now flashing.

Message 1335808 seems to describe it:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/ReadyNAS-NV-v2-connection-refused/td-p/1335808

The solution seems to involve support fixing the services configuration file, which the message reports as corrupt. Given that my product is outside of the 90 day support, I cannot ask them to fix it.

How do I fix this?

Would a factory reset work? I would prefer not to, since I'd have to rebuild my ITunes library. In terms of backup files, I'm fine with a factory reset, since my current PC is working fine on a SSD, plus I still have my previous laptop.

Thanks in Advance.

Model: ReadyNASRND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas Duo v2 refused to connect

wrote:

The solution seems to involve support fixing the services configuration file, which the message reports as corrupt. Given that my product is outside of the 90 day support, I cannot ask them to fix it.

I don't think that issue is the same, as there's no evidence that RAIDar wasn't seeing the disks.  You could of course still use paid support via my.netgear.com, but they would charge you.

But I think the next step is to power down the NAS, and test the drives in a Windows PC (connecting them with either a USB/SATA connector or via SATA/ESATA).  Windows won't understand the drive format, but the vendor diags (seatools for seagate, lifeguard for western digital) will see them and can test them.

Message 2 of 3
lockvkf
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas Duo v2 refused to connect

Thanks Stephen for the advice.

I did consider the disks as the cause, but I was notified the last time one of them was about to fail, and Western Digital replaced it as it was under warranty. After plugging in the new replacement, it sychronised with the existing non-faulty one, as the unit was configured to operate under X-RAID.

That being the case, I had originally discounted them as being the problem, due to 1. no notification of impending failure 2. unlikely both disks would fail at the same time.

I will, however, test out the theory you have proposed.

Thanks once again.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements