× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas OS 6.8.0 freezes

tulgaas
Aspirant

ReadyNas OS 6.8.0 freezes

after upgrade to readyNas OS 6.8.0 freezes every single day

Please help

seems readynasd uses all CPUCapture.PNG

Model: RN31664E|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay 6x4TB Enterprise Drive
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tulgaas,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12

All Replies
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: eadyNas OS 6.8.0 freezes

Hello tulgaas,

It does appear that after upgrading the firmware the NAS keeps freezing up and the readynasd service is using 100% CPU usage. May we ask for the complete logs of the NAS, you may use files haring website like wikisend and just PM the download link.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 12
tulgaas
Aspirant

Seems it freezes arounf 12-1pm every day. and we have been rebooting the device manually.

here is the Link

<REDACTED>

Thanks

Tuga

Model: RN31663D|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 3 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@tulgaas wrote:

here is the Link

Please don't post this publicly.  "PM" means "private message" - there's an envelope icon in the upper right of the forum that lets you send/receive PMs.

I redacted your link - you might resend it to Marty, just to make sure he has it.

Message 4 of 12
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tulgaas,

You may try reflashing firmware or upgrading the NAS to beta firmware 6.8.1 or 6.9.0 and check if that will make any difference. Do you have apps and cloud services running on the NAS? 

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 12
tulgaas
Aspirant

i tried OS 6.8.1 but no luck. yes, i do back up to the AWS.

Message 6 of 12
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tulgaas,

Try to disable any service or app currently running and then observe the behavior of the NAS. Could you PM me the download link for the complete logs of the NAS.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 12
tulgaas
Aspirant

Upgraded OS to beta 6.8.1 and turned off the Amazon S3 backup. still freezes daily.

it was perfectly fine old OS 6.7.4 not sure what happened.

please help.

I don't how to make you a PM to download logs but here is the link for downloaded log files.

REDACTED

Message 8 of 12
StephenB
Guru

PM -> "private message".  You click on the envelope in the upper right of the forum to send one.

There is some private information in the logs, so they really shouldn't be posted on the internet.  I've redacted your link, please try the PM.

Message 9 of 12
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tulgaas,

Thank you for the logs, Please try to disable any apps and service running on the NAS at the moment afterwards try to enable the service and app one at time and observe the CPU usage and behavior of the NAS.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 12
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tulgaas,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 12
tulgaas
Aspirant

after installed final version of OS 6.8.1 seems everything back to normal.

Thanks for the support.

Tuga

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements