× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Pro 6 Frontview empty page and OS Re-intall fails

Wheatleygreg
Aspirant

ReadyNas Pro 6 Frontview empty page and OS Re-intall fails

Hi,

I came back from holiday to find my aging ReadyNas Pro 6 having issues. I could change settings in Frontview, but the changes were not persisting. The shares ceased to be reachable via SAMBA and AFP. Subsequently Frontview has become entirely empty (when accessing via web browser and Raidiator).

I tried an OS re-install from the boot menu, only to get an error message "Could not properly extract".

There is some data on it that I'd prefer to retrieve if possible, and I'm hoping the disks themselves are okay.

What's the next step? USB recovery? I was set to try it, until reading warning messages about it potentially wiping the EEPROM.

Any and all suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Greg

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas Pro 6 Frontview empty page and OS Re-intall fails

Your 4GB root volume was filled by a huge ReadyDLNA log file. As a result the main services configuration file was corrupted. So I restored the default configuration. Now services that were enabled may be disabled and vice versa.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This sounds like a full 4GB root volume. USB Boot Recovery will do nothing to help with that. In fact if anything it’ll only add the additional problem of wiping the EEPROM as you mentioned.

Message 2 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your 4GB root volume was filled by a huge ReadyDLNA log file. As a result the main services configuration file was corrupted. So I restored the default configuration. Now services that were enabled may be disabled and vice versa.

Message 3 of 4
Wheatleygreg
Aspirant

Thanks! That's brilliant.

Greg

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation