× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Pro 6 Frontview empty page

imakarov
Aspirant

ReadyNas Pro 6 Frontview empty page

I have a problem with accessing to the admin page in FrontView.

Everything is blank, can't press any buttons (no action).

Admin pageAdmin page

But "shares" page is accessable, and I can change password on "password" tab.

Shares pageShares page

Also I can I access it via windows network.
As I know, it was USB flashed.
I tried to do factory reset, OS reinstall with no sucess.
Here what RAIDar showes:

RAIDar.PNG

So is there some way to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Model: RNDP6000-200 |ReadyNAS® Pro 6 |EOL
Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
imakarov
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas Pro 6 Frontview empty page

Finally, it's working!

ReadyNAS.PNG

I took R4toR6_latest.bin, renamed it to RAIDiator-x86-6.9.1.img and using RAIDiator 4.2 USB Flash Recovery made bootable USB drive. After USB recovery, I was finally able to get into web interface.

The only issue is about model and serial numbers. Any idea how to correct them?

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 17

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

An almost full OS partition can cause erratic behavior in the UI.  Have you received any warniongs about that?

Message 2 of 17
imakarov
Aspirant

Hi,

I don`t completly understand, where should I get warnings.

I can see some errors in browser's developer mode, like:

Cannot read property 'getElementsByTagName' of null (when page loads)

Cannot read property 'getApplicableGetUrl' of undefined (when I press buttons)

Cannot read property 'setPageDefaultsSync' of undefined (when I press buttons)

And some problems with certificate.

Also, I've tried different browsers (IE, Chrome, Opera, Firefox) and different compatibility modes in IE. And even workstation with an Windows XP as a system.

Message 3 of 17
StephenB
Guru

@imakarov wrote:

They would have shown up before you had the problem - if you have email alerts configured, you would also have gotten warning emails.

Did you try rebooting the NAS?  Also, did you enable SSH on system->settings->services?

Message 4 of 17
Sandshark
Sensei

The warnings should be in the log.

Message 5 of 17
imakarov
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

@imakarov wrote:

They would have shown up before you had the problem - if you have email alerts configured, you would also have gotten warning emails.

Did you try rebooting the NAS?  Also, did you enable SSH on system->settings->services?

I connected monitor to NAS, to see what happens during booting process, but I don't see anything interesting.

I can't configure nither email alerts, nor SSH, because I can't get into web interface menu.

Message 6 of 17
imakarov
Aspirant

@Sandshark wrote:

The warnings should be in the log.

If warnings are somewhere in web interface, I don't see them, because it is not working. I can try to get into TechSupport mode, maybe there will be logs I need to look at?

Message 7 of 17
StephenB
Guru

Do you have a backup of your data?

Message 8 of 17
imakarov
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

Do you have a backup of your data?

No, I don't have backups, and I don't have any data I need to backup. I'm free to do anything with this NAS.

Message 9 of 17
StephenB
Guru

Ok.  Try powering down, and zeroing the drives in a Windows PC.  Vendor tools (Seagate's Seatools and WDC's Lifeguard) have this test option (under "advanced" because it is destructive).  One of them (I forget which) has a "quick" version which is enough to delete all partitions.  Note you can use a USB adapter or dock to connect the drives to a  PC.

Then power up the NAS with these drives in place.  The NAS should do a fresh factory install.

If that works, then perhaps update the firmware ot the current verision (4.2.31).  Note you could try installing OS 6 on the NAS too - there is quite a bit of info here on how to do that.   It isn't supported by Netgear, but it does work.

Message 10 of 17
imakarov
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

Ok.  Try powering down, and zeroing the drives in a Windows PC.  Vendor tools (Seagate's Seatools and WDC's Lifeguard) have this test option (under "advanced" because it is destructive).  One of them (I forget which) has a "quick" version which is enough to delete all partitions.  Note you can use a USB adapter or dock to connect the drives to a  PC.

Then power up the NAS with these drives in place.  The NAS should do a fresh factory install.

If that works, then perhaps update the firmware ot the current verision (4.2.31).  Note you could try installing OS 6 on the NAS too - there is quite a bit of info here on how to do that.   It isn't supported by Netgear, but it does work.

I took two Seagate 320 Gb disks, zeroed them with seatools and installed them in NAS. It dispayed "Factory reset" and after that "Checking disks". After all done, I logged in into web interface, but all is the same. Front view is empy, no menu, no controls, "Refresh", "Help" and "Logout" buttons are inactive (no effects when I press them).

Message 11 of 17
imakarov
Aspirant

RAIDar_5.PNGAlso, I'm a bit confused, that RAIDar can't get it's model. Is it normal behavior?

Message 12 of 17
imakarov
Aspirant

Finally, it's working!

ReadyNAS.PNG

I took R4toR6_latest.bin, renamed it to RAIDiator-x86-6.9.1.img and using RAIDiator 4.2 USB Flash Recovery made bootable USB drive. After USB recovery, I was finally able to get into web interface.

Message 13 of 17
StephenB
Guru

@imakarov wrote:

I think you'll need help from Netgear to do that.  Since OS-6 isn't supported on legacy NAS, that will need to be courtesy support.

Try PMing @mdgm-ntgr or @Skywalker, and see if they are willing to log in remotely and help.

Message 14 of 17
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I have replied to your PM.

Message 15 of 17
imakarov
Aspirant

Replied PM

Message 16 of 17
imakarov