× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas Pro 6 - To Be Filled in by OEM

G1DDO
Aspirant

ReadyNas Pro 6 - To Be Filled in by OEM

Can anyone help me I have updated the OSfrom 4 to 6 which all worked fine and was running then for some reason the boot was corrupted possibly when upnplugged but not sure.

I was getting the MBR issue, which I have now managed to get the firmware added back for OS6 and the device is booting and functioning perfectly.

Now when I log in I get Model: To be Filled by OEM and Serial: None0002xxxxxx, possible other information has gone as well.

So I am guessing that this data was stored on the drive? I did do an image of the drive and copied the files prior to putting the os6 firmware back on.

Does any know what the process is to resolve this issue at all?

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi G1DDO,

The fix has been applied already and it should display now the correct serial number. The NAS was rebooted into Normal mode as well.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Reads like OS 4 had stored or retrieved this information from a different resource - OS 6 does apparently use DMI to read the SMBIOS - and your machine (or model) does not have this information set in place during the manufacturing process. No idea if this is intended or not - some more experienced old crows have to folow up.

Message 2 of 8
mdgm
Virtuoso

This output suggests that the EEPROM data has been wiped off the internal flash. This is a common side effect of USB Boot Recovery on systems that shipped with RAIDiator-x86 4.2.x such as your system.
Message 3 of 8
G1DDO
Aspirant

Yes I suspect so however weirdly im pretty sure it did work after the upgrade as it changed the model to business pro.

That aside is there anyway of putting this data back ?

Message 4 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@G1DDO wrote:

Now when I log in I get Model: To be Filled by OEM and Serial: None0002xxxxxx, possible other information has gone as well.

So I am guessing that this data was stored on the drive?

Actually it is normally stored in an eeprom, which sometimes can get corrupted by the conversion.  You could PM @JohnCM_S  and see if he is willing to fix it remotely. 

Message 5 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi G1DDO,

You may take a picture of the S/N and the MAC address of the NAS and then send it to me via PM. This label is located on the back panel of the unit.

Please enable also SDM (Secure Diagnostic Mode) on the NAS. You may do this by going to System> Settings> Support. Then PM me the 5-digit code afterwards.

Regards,

Message 6 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi G1DDO,

The fix has been applied already and it should display now the correct serial number. The NAS was rebooted into Normal mode as well.

Regards,

Message 7 of 8
G1DDO
Aspirant

Awesome works perfectly now, just added some shares and ISCSi, just need to add some new drives.

Many thanks for this.

Neil

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements