× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Pro Pioneer to Pro 6

yknott
Aspirant

ReadyNas Pro Pioneer to Pro 6

I just got a ReadyNAS Pro 6 as an upgrade to my Pro Pioneer.

Can I just pop the disks out of the Pioneer and put them in the Pro 6? Will it just work out of the box?
Message 1 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas Pro Pioneer to Pro 6

1. Put a spare disk (must not be from your array) in the Pro 6.
2. Update the firmware to at least as new as what you are running on the Pro Pioneer
3. Verify update successful
4. Power down, remove spare disk
5. Follow migration procedure here: http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/boot/how_do_i_migrate_disks_over_from_an_existing_readynas_to_another

Why are you migrating to a Pro 6? Is it for the faster CPU, the greater software feature set or a 5 year warranty (assuming you bought the Pro 6 brand new)?

I would recommend you keep the Pro Pioneer if it is still working and backup the Pro 6 to the Pro Pioneer.
Message 2 of 7
yknott
Aspirant

Thanks mdgm. That worked really well.
Message 3 of 7
Bigbearf
Aspirant

@mdgm et al
Got a pro 6 replacement from Netgear for RNPP. Used spare disk to get to 4.2.26. Verified update. Put 6 disks volume in Pro 6 and got IP address. Can not download or do local 4.2.26 reinstallation to sync firmware with flash . I get an error message stating "this firmware is not for this architecture"
I have tried OS reinstallation twice to know no avail. I am about to do a factory default but will blow away the data. Additionally I do not think the four gig memory module for the RNPP will work in the pro 6. Any thoughts?
Bigbearf
Message 4 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Probably full OS partition or permissions issue. If it is one of those it probably could be resolved quite simply.

I think the memory should work provided it is good and compatible. Did the RNPP have issues with this memory?
Message 5 of 7
Bigbearf
Aspirant

@mdgm
Thank you for your help. I will try the memory and post results.
Message 6 of 7
Bigbearf
Aspirant

4 GB Memory worked fine. Am now in the process of trying to get replicate to work. It does work between platforms but it is a bit quirky.
Bigbearf
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements