× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas RN104: Cannot Connect to Discovery Server

JohnScaris
Aspirant

I have had my ReadyNas for 8 years, all of a sudden 1 of the 2 i have died on me.

Now the second one i have all of a sudden can not find its server.

It now says "Cannot connect discovery server", i tried most things i have read on this site , and restarted and tried and tried again , but nothing happens, what can be my problem.

Best JohnScaris

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

What firmware are you running on the NVX?

Does RAIDar detect it? https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

What IP address is the NAS showing on the front panel (I am guessing 192.168.168.168, but want to confirm).

Message 2 of 6
JohnScaris
Aspirant

Message 3 of 6
JohnScaris
Aspirant

Hey,

IP is 169.254.39.105

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Your screenshot says you have an RN104 (which contradicts your posting title).  Would you like me to edit the posting title to match the NAS?  

You are seeing the NAS with RAIDar, which means it is on the network.  It's unable to get an IP address from your router, which is why it is using a 169.254.x.x address.  

Have you made changes on your network lately?  If so, what did you change?  Is your NAS connected to a switch, or is it directly connected to your router?

You could try powering down the NAS (and any intermediate switches), rebooting your router, followed by any intermediate switches, and finally restarting the NAS - it's possible that will resolve it.

FWIW, your firmware is 4 years old - the current firmware is 6.9.3.  After you get the DHCP issue resolved, you should update it. However you can't jump directly to current firmware.  You have to update it in three steps - first to  6.2.5, then to 6.5.2 and finally to 6.9.3.

Message 5 of 6
JohnScaris
Aspirant

Your screenshot says you have an RN104 (which contradicts your posting title).  Would you like me to edit the posting title to match the NAS?  

Yes Please 

3. Have you made changes on your network lately?  If so, what did you change?  Is your NAS connected to a switch, or is it directly connected to your router?

No, i did not 

Directly to my router

You could try powering down the NAS (and any intermediate switches), rebooting your router, followed by any intermediate switches, and finally restarting the NAS - it's possible that will resolve it.

Ok, let me try that, i tried a few different things already.

FWIW, your firmware is 4 year old - the current firmware is 6.9.3.  After you get the DHCP issue resolved, you should update it. However you can't jump directly to current firmware.  You have to update it in three steps - first to  6.2.5, then to 6.5.2 and finally to 6.9.3.

OK , will do !!

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements