× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas RN104 "Boot from USB Failed!" after firmwareupdate 6.9.1 > 6.9.2

EarthOnline
Aspirant

ReadyNas RN104 "Boot from USB Failed!" after firmwareupdate 6.9.1 > 6.9.2

This morning I got a system e-mail from my ReadyNAS that there is a new firmware upgrade ready to be installed (version 6.9.2).

This evening I logged in to the admin page of my ReadyNAS and got the popup to run the update. And i did. But after running the firmware update it never came back up. Turns out it is stuck trying to boot from USB ("Boot from USB Failed!". Totaly unresponsive to any of the buttons.

I tried making a recovery USB. It does boot from the USB and shows "ReadyNAS USB Recovery" in the display. But after half a minute the device just powers down and after pressing the power button comes back to the "Boot from USB Failed!" message.

Does anyone have a suggestion to get my ReadyNAS 104 up-and-running again. Preferably with my data intact.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas RN104 "Boot from USB Failed!" after firmwareupdate 6.9.1 > 6.9.2

Can you try a different flash drive for the USB recovery?

Message 2 of 3
EarthOnline
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas RN104 "Boot from USB Failed!" after firmwareupdate 6.9.1 > 6.9.2

Thank you for your reply.

I've tried 5 different USB drives. From 3 different brands (Freecom, Kingston, SanDisk). Ranging in size from 1GB to 16GB.

All with the same result. The Recovery image boots. Runs for about half a minute and then the readynas powers down. After pressing the power button the "Boot from USB Failed!" message comes back.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements