× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas RNDP6000 suddenly disabled an External Share and now refuses to re-enable SMB ??

xlr8r
Guide

ReadyNas RNDP6000 suddenly disabled an External Share and now refuses to re-enable SMB ??

ok, so a weird thing recently happened.

I have two external USB drives plugged into teh back of teh NAS, 

One of the drives is operating perfectly as it should, however.... the other one of my plugged in USB share drives is appearing on my NAS as "NOT SHARED"...?   I also cannot enable Network Access  , SMB setting on it via the NAS Gui.  it keeps reverting to OFF a few seconds after enabling it ??

I can however still access the "NOT SHARED" drive from Windows 10 , PLex, any DLNA ....? how though , if its NOT SHARED...??

i tried reverting to previous firmware but made no difference. currently on latest firmware.

any help appreciated

screenshot 1

screenshot 2

Model: RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas RNDP6000 suddenly disabled an External Share and now refuses to re-enable SMB ??

You are running OS-6 on the Pro-6.  When you say "latest", do you mean 6.10.5 hotfix 1?

How is the USB drive formatted?  If it is in a Windows-readable format, have you tried ejecting the drive from the web ui, and then connecting it to Windows PC?  If the PC offers to "repair" it, then you should let it.

Message 2 of 4
xlr8r
Guide

Re: ReadyNas RNDP6000 suddenly disabled an External Share and now refuses to re-enable SMB ??

Hi, yes running 10.6.5 from Netgear downloads

drives is in NTFS as it contains video files bigger than 2gb

Like i said, it was all setup fine but lately when i checked the NAS GUI , it now shows as "NOT SHARED" and cannot enable SMB on it.

The other USB drive , also NTFS (which is a backup of the one with the issue) works and behaves normally (as in screenshot in OP)..

I too the drive away and tested it on my Windows 10, CrystalDisk info reported no issues and the drive Healthy.

it is def something that has happpened on the NAS OS....but what ? And how do i fix it....?

thanks

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@xlr8r wrote:

And how do i fix it....?

Not sure how to fix it (fwiw, I don't use USB drives with my ReadyNAS, so it's not something I've run into).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements