× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Ultra 2 issues with adding 2nd Drive

nofroyo
Aspirant

ReadyNas Ultra 2 issues with adding 2nd Drive

So i have an issue with my Ultra 2, hope you can help

I have (2) 1 TB HD segate ST31000528AS and Western Digital WMATV7712681

I formatted both drives and did both factory reset and OS reinstall via boot menu, then go to front view and choose Xraid Flex and choose both raid 0, 1 and even none. it appears to reinstall and everything and the noting happens. I can't access front view and also RAIDar either keep getting this image. see attachment. I have tried everything that i can think of and still doesn't work.

Which brings me to 2 questions as well as helping me fix this issue.

1) I checked my compatible list of HD and it looks like my WD is listed but not my segate drive, can that be the issue?

2) Is there anyway to make both drives appear as 1 individual drive instead of combing them into 1 volume? So 2 drives instead of 1? is this possible?

Can you provide me with the info on how to fix all this?

Yes i have the latest firmware installed on my nas

Message 1 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas Ultra 2 issues with adding 2nd Drive

What attachment? You can use a website such as imageshack to upload a screenshot, then post the forum code here.

2) If you had access to Frontview you could delete the existing volume and create a new RAID-0 volume just using disk 1, then once that has finished create a second RAID-0 volume just using disk 2.

Welcome to the forum!
Message 2 of 9
nofroyo
Aspirant

I can't even access frontview.

Which raid do i choose, regular or flex raid?
Message 3 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

For what you want you need Flex-RAID. Not being able to see it in RAIDar for a lengthy period is a concern.
Message 4 of 9
nofroyo
Aspirant

Yea at one point i let it stand for a few days and still not able to access frontview and get that prompt above.
Message 5 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Check your PM inbox.
Message 6 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

As I suspected there was a corrupt file on your OS partition. If the OS on the flash is corrupt when the NAS tries to install it onto the disks some files will be missing or corrupt and the NAS typically won't be able to boot. That's why Frontview and RAIDar weren't working.
Message 7 of 9
nofroyo
Aspirant

I did everything you mentioned and it works. The only thing now it combined both disk into 1 volume. i wanted 2 volumes. please help
Message 8 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Delete the existing volume. Create a new RAID-0 volume just using disk 1, wait for the volume to be created then create another RAID-0 volume just using disk 2.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements