× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas not showing up

Zebedee1
Tutor

ReadyNas not showing up

Hi

I have a ReadyNas RN10400 connected to a TP-link archer c7 wireless modem router. I have two laptops. A Dell inspiron 32bit and a Dell Studio 64Bit both running Win 7 and connecting to the router via wireless. If I turn either one on it sees the NAS and The NAS shows up under network and in explorer. But if I turn both on depending on which one I turn on first is the one that sees  the NAS and the other one doesn't.

Have I got a setting wrong or something.

Thank you

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Zebedee1
Tutor

Re: ReadyNas not showing up

I think I may have solved it. Both computers were named the same. Changing the Computer Name on one of them and restarting it the NAS is now showing up. Hopefully it will stay this way.

Thank you

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
vandermerwe
Master

There has been an issue with this for some time, it's sometimes related to master browser allocation. I thought it had been fixed in 6.2.4.

Check that the workgroup setting is the same for all devices and that there is no IP address conflict.

What firmware is on the readynas?

Can you access the nas by using a browser ipaddressofnas/admin or using raidar?

Message 2 of 4
Zebedee1
Tutor

Hi

Thank you for replying

Firmware version 6.2.5

Can't see any IP conflicts

Yes can access the NAS via browser

Thank you

Message 3 of 4
Zebedee1
Tutor

I think I may have solved it. Both computers were named the same. Changing the Computer Name on one of them and restarting it the NAS is now showing up. Hopefully it will stay this way.

Thank you

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements