× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyOS 6 and AFP over IPv6

Petrokalis
Aspirant

ReadyOS 6 and AFP over IPv6

I filed a case with Netgear technical support back in July of 2013 (case #21585012) about AFP how AFP wasn't working over IPv6 on my new ReadyNAS RN316 (ReadyOS 6.0.8 at the time).  That case was closed on 8/20/2013 with the following response:

I apologize for the long delay in getting back to you as I was awaiting words back from engineering. I was able to confirm that this fix should be addressed in the 6.1 firmware release due to be out in a month or so. Let me know if there is anything else I might be able to help answer for you, thanks. 

In October of 2013, I filed a new case (case #22043449) about the same issue in 6.1.3.  This was 'escalated' to L3 support (which did nothing).  Here we are in 2015 and ReadyOS 6.4.0 and to my (lack of) surprise, AFP over IPv6 still doesn't work.  This works flawlessly on my Ultra 4 Pro with the old OS (4.x).

Has anyone ever tried AFP over IPv6 ?  Any pointers how to make ReadyNAS care about this issue?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Re: ReadyOS 6 and AFP over IPv6

Looks like netatalk wasn't listening on IPv6, just IPv4. We'll see about getting this in the next firmware. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Petrokalis,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry about the inconvenience. Can you still get back to support and report this?

You may also try the BETA 6.4.1-T21.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Looks like AFP isn't listening on IPv6. 

Message 3 of 5
Petrokalis
Aspirant

@kohdee wrote:

Looks like AFP isn't listening on IPv6. 

Kohdee has been working with me offline on a solution, and we have it working now.  Thank you, kohdee!

Message 4 of 5
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Looks like netatalk wasn't listening on IPv6, just IPv4. We'll see about getting this in the next firmware. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements