× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readycloud File share not appearing

PatrickH
Aspirant

Readycloud File share not appearing

I have a RNS314 with Readycloud enabled and setup. I have a file shared with two users. When they log into ReadyCloud they can see the device but when they expand to try and show the shared folders nothing appears. File access is set to all users and I have tried setting SMB to Everyone and Anonymous Access with no success. If someone could please help me to solve this problem it would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 16
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PatrickH,

Did they try logging in through the ReadyCLOUD web portal page? Also, tell us which Firmware is running in your RN314.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 16
PatrickH
Aspirant

The Firmware is 6.4.2. I am not able to see the share in either the web portal or the readycloud app. In the readycloud app the device shows as offline all of the time. The readycloud account that the NAS is registered to works as expected.

Message 3 of 16
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PatrickH,

Is it the same case If you are logged in as admin? Also, tell us if internet/services are both marked online (post a screenshot if possible) under the cloud tab.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 16
PatrickH
Aspirant

The admin of the Readycloud account has access to all shares in the readycloud web application. And from the WebServer admin I can see both that Internet and Services are available.

Message 5 of 16
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello PatrickH,

There are cases where users to not see the NAS' folder using desktop app. The first thing you need to check is the web portal as this should show all the folders shared to the invited users.

Maybe try to create a test user and invite it and see if the same problem. If you do not get the same problem, remove your invited users then re-add them.

Regards,

Message 6 of 16
PatrickH
Aspirant

Both users show the device as offline in the desktop app and when logging into the Readycloud Portal they see the NAS but when you expand the NAS no files are shown. I have attempted creating and deleting users as well as removing and adding different shares.

Message 7 of 16
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello PatrickH,

How about disabling ReadyCloud then re-enabling it?

Regards,

Message 8 of 16
PatrickH
Aspirant

Here is what I just tried.

I disabled the Readycloud APP in the Admin Console

Then Re-Enabled and added the administrator account back on.

Sent the invites again.

Invited users still did not see share.

Then in a second attempt

I disabled the Readycloud APP in the Admin Console.

Set File Access to Everyone.

Reset Permissions in File Access

Restarted the NAS

Then Re-Enabled and added the administrator account back on.

Sent the invites again.

Invited users still did not see share.

I currently only have SMB enabled for the share. Is anything else required?

Message 9 of 16
PatrickH
Aspirant

This is still not working. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Message 10 of 16
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PatrickH,

Just leave SMB protocol turned on for the shares that you want to access via ReadyCLOUD. The permission should be set the by admin in the ReadyCLOUD portal page through email or user invites. I tested ReadyCLOUD and I myself is having a problem at the moment. I am currently checking with our team if there's something going on.

Check this other thread I'm on for updates.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team​

Message 11 of 16
PatrickH
Aspirant

Brian,

The link that you posted is to a lithium forum that I do not have access to. My users are still unable to connect to the cloud.

Message 12 of 16
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PatrickH,

I've updated the URL link on my previous post. I have a couple of  ReadyNAS that runs 6.4.2 and I can access it through the ReadyCLOUD desktop and mobile iOS app on my iPhone. Could  you send me a PM together with one of your users for further testing?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 13 of 16
PatrickH
Aspirant

Ok I think I found the problem but I will need netgear to reset one of my accounts because I deleted it and recreated it one to many times. I only need to try one more instance but the issue seems to be that either your username cannot have a .com in it or the username cannot match the email address when it is being shared to. The readycloud admin username for the share is abc@somesite.com and the email is abc@somesite.com. The admin is able to access the readycloud admin page and setup sharing to other accounts without issue. When I attempt to share with email def@somesite.com with username def@somesite.com that user is unable to see the share at all. But if i make the username def@somesite and the email is still def@somesite.com the user can now see the share and access everything. I would like to test and see if the .com is the problem or if it is having matching username and email.

EDIT:

Confirmed. The username cannot match the email address of the person being shared with. I tested by changing my usernames to efg@somesite.com while my email was still def@somesite.com and I can now see the share. My short term fix will be to create the usernames without the .com.

Message 14 of 16
PatrickH
Aspirant

I just get this working then you force me to upgrade firmware and change the account to netgear.com and now I am stuck in the same situation once again. Offline all of the time and no access.

Message 15 of 16
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PatrickH & peterstrong,

Do you have files saved on the private home shares for all your ReadyCLOUD users? If yes, back them up. I suggest that you 'Leave' the cloud and re-login your admin ReadyCLOUD account then invite your secondary users.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements