× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 104 won't start

shaygalor
Aspirant

Readynas 104 won't start

Hi All

i have it won't start.

It stuck at 99% in "upnphttpd.service"

in the web is stuck in "connecting....." and its writen that the firmware is 6.7.0

want should i do?

the data is very important to me the and don't think that i have a backup for all of the data.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 5
jak0lantash
Mentor

Re: Readynas 104 won't start

Does it work if you boot the NAS into Volume Read Only mode via the Boot Menu?

https://kb.netgear.com/20898/ReadyNAS-ReadyDATA-Boot-Menu

Message 2 of 5
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

@shaygalor

There is a topic to discuss the issue,

Following is a reply from Mdgm, you need to do os-reinstall,

How to do OS reinstall,

1. Access the boot menu of your ReadyNAS. The method to access the boot menu varies depending on the type of ReadyNAS you have. If you aren't sure how to access the boot menu of your ReadyNAS, visit ReadyNAS & ReadyDATA: Boot Menu
  2. After you are at the boot menu of your ReadyNAS, choose the OS reinstall option.

Mdgm reply in another topic,

@norcis wrote:

Reinstalled OS by using Boot menu. Seems that fixed it. If you need logs for further investigation, I have it.

Your system was OOMing and you have a huge amount of snapshots. Clearly the disabling of quotas on the OS Re-install on 6.7.0 did the trick. Note if you change share settings quotas will be re-enabled in the volume (we've got a fix for this for the next release 6.7.1).

SMB was one of the services that was being killed as a result of entering the OOM (Out of Memory) condition so this may well be the explanation for why that service has been crashing for you too.

When the system runs Out of Memory (RAM) it has to forcibly shut off services to try to free up memory. If this doesn't quickly resolve the problem and it has to keep on shutting down services the system will crash.

Message 3 of 5
jak0lantash
Mentor

@evan2 wrote:

Your system was OOMing and you have a huge amount of snapshots. Clearly the disabling of quotas on the OS Re-install on 6.7.0 did the trick. Note if you change share settings quotas will be re-enabled in the volume (we've got a fix for this for the next release 6.7.1).

For the users who can't even reach the GUI, I wonder if booting in Volume Read Only mode and disabling the quotas on the volume would work. Not sure if the volume being mounted read-only would accept the qgroup command and/or if it would be applied OK during next boot.

Or maybe booting in Volume Read Only mode, install 6.7.1-beta1 and reboot.

Message 4 of 5
shaygalor
Aspirant

@evan2 wrote:

@shaygalor

There is a topic to discuss the issue,

Following is a reply from Mdgm, you need to do os-reinstall,

How to do OS reinstall,

1. Access the boot menu of your ReadyNAS. The method to access the boot menu varies depending on the type of ReadyNAS you have. If you aren't sure how to access the boot menu of your ReadyNAS, visit ReadyNAS & ReadyDATA: Boot Menu
  2. After you are at the boot menu of your ReadyNAS, choose the OS reinstall option.

the OS reinstall works!!!

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements