× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 312 not accessible randomly - Can't turn off AV

Andrew86
Aspirant

Readynas 312 not accessible randomly - Can't turn off AV

I've been having a few problems since the 6.6.1 update. Before I had an issue where backups would officially never end sometimes which meant they could not start the next time they were scheduled. This hasn't happened for a few days now so I hope it is solved. Now there is a more serious issue:

Recently I have had a few computers (Win 7, OS X 10.7) unable to connect to the NAS while others can. Restarting the NAS will fix the issue.

It was much worse today. While accessing files on two windows 7 PC's the programs using the files froze and needed to be terminated. Upon restarting both of the PC's after realising that I could not access the NAS they went to a black screen after the windows "welcome" blue intro screen. The same happened in safe mode with networking. This was on two entirely different PC's. I got them to start up again eventually and restarted the NAS and all was good on those PC's. Later a colleague came back to his desk and could not access the NAS (his pc was on the whole time when the issue happened). So I restarted the nas again and his PC was all good, but one of the other PC's from earlier could no longer access the nas! It can see it via RAIDar and go into the login page etc. but the mapped network drives will not connect and the nas does not show up in network.

I have tried disabling real time anti virus protection on the nas on the main page. It just loads for a bit and then doesn't change the setting. I tried doing it from the system settings tab and got the error: 15002030001 "unable to start or modify service". I'm having a similar issue with turning off anonymous access on my backup USB drive. I get an error when trying to turn it off after enabling it last week to retrieve a recently deleted file.

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas 312 not accessible randomly - Can't turn off AV

Did you get my PM?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation