× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas 312 not starting up

Andrew86
Aspirant

Readynas 312 not starting up

This morning I found my readynas fan was at max speed and I could not access it at all. Either through shared or RAIDar. All the lights are on (power, backup lights) constantly. I have tried turning it off an on again and the result is the same... It turns off at 11pm and on again at 5am. It was working fine yesterday afternoon.

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 4
Andrew86
Aspirant

I have just tried accessing the boot menu to do a memory test or boot as read only. I can get into the boot menu and make my selection with the backup button and lights, but pressing the reset button with a paperclip does nothing. I have tried pressing it briefly as I have done with past problems, and then tried pressing it for a second or two when that didn't work. Nothing.

Message 2 of 4
Andrew86
Aspirant

Sorry, I should clarify that all the lights are lit up EXCEPT for the Activity light. I couldn't edit my first post.

Message 3 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Andrew86,

It may be time to contact support to see if there is something wrong with the chassis if you are not really able to get to the boot menu.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements