× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 314 Backup to Google drive is incomplete.

Readynas 314 Backup to Google drive is incomplete.

Hi all. I recently decided to use google drive as a place to backup our readynas. It’s all gone well. Until I noticed I can not back up the home folders. Apart from the admin account. None of the others for some reason are not allowed.

Is there something I can do so I am allowed to backup the home folders too.

I’m using google drive simply because we don’t pay for it. I work for a charity so google have given us a lot of the google apps for free where normal business would have to pay.

I know google drive for the readynas is classed as beta. But was hoping to use it as a good cloud based backup. Could this be something netgear are looking at.

At the top of my head I believe our readynas is the RN314 1TB X 4 bay.
Hope someone could help. Thanks.
Alan.
Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas 314 Backup to Google drive is incomplete.

Hi @alanh-mysight

What firmware is your RN314 running? If it's not yet on OS 6.9.3 you may have to update it to that version since a fix was provided 

https://kb.netgear.com/000055199/ReadyNAS-OS-6-Software-Version-6-9-3

If you are on OS 6.9.3 you can send us the logs using the link on my Sig.

Regards

Message 2 of 5

Hi @Marc_V for getting back to me. I am running 6.9.3 so I am sending you the logs that you asked. Hope something in there helps.
Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @alanh-mysight

Home folders are set to allow users to have their own private folder, for this reason there is a possibility that the NAS will not sync a Home folder that is not the current user.

In your case, you used the Admin account right? So only the admin account will be synced to Google drive.

Have you tried setting up new session for each home folder you want to sync?

Regards

Message 4 of 5

Hi Marc. I had a chap called Wenbo email me back when I sent off the logs. He has been really helpful. You can sync the home folder. But you have to create a session for each user you want to back up. So far it is working. But I have noticed when I add a another users home folder to sync it does take a few hours before it actually starts syncing it. I’m slowly working through the 25 accounts. I did this morning send wenbo more logs just to see why it takes hours before it starts to sync them.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements