× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 316 No volume

totibross
Follower

Readynas 316 No volume

Let me start by thanking you in reading this post. A few weeks ago I restarted the NAS because I was going to move it from location. After a few hours I powered it on to find "NO VOLUME" where present.

I logged into the WEBUI to find this.

totibross_0-1691793720805.png

I have tried to reach out to Netgear support with no luck. Also there it seems to be a lot of information on the steps one can perform to get this back, but because of fear to making it worse I have tried nothing, other than just logging into SSH to read some logs that make little sense to me.

Hopefully there is a good Samaritan that would take a look at these logs and tell me if there is anything I can try. I would have no problem getting paid support if I were to know this can get fixed.

totibross_1-1691793988749.png

Here is a link to the system logs

<redacted>

Thanks in advanced...

Message 1 of 8
AnishaA
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Readynas 316 No volume

Hello @totibross ,

And welcome to the NETGEAR Community! 🙂

From the screenshot attached, I could find that the volume is degraded. Could you please share the logs with us since I could not find the link for the logs? 

You can download the logs and send them personally to me. We will check and let you know the update.

Please find the steps to download the logs

Please follow the mentioned steps to get the required logs:
1. Open the NAS Admin GUI
2. Go to system >> Logs
3. Click on Download logs
The log file name will be like this: System_log-jding-716-20220519-084655.zip

Also, provide the Serial Number of the device we will check for the warranty of the device and if required we will suggest raising a ticked.

Have a lovely day, 
Anisha A
Netgear Team 

Message 2 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@AnishaA wrote:

Could you please share the logs with us since I could not find the link for the logs? 

I redacted them to preserve privacy - you'll find them in the edit history of the post.

I replied to @totibross via PM a couple days ago - unfortunately odds of recovery are poor, as a second disk failed when the volume was already degraded.

Message 3 of 8
anthonyst74
Aspirant

Hi,

I am having this issue as well.  Could you help me resolve?

Message 4 of 8
anthonyst74
Aspirant

Our 316 is not showing any volume.  2 disks are read.  Can someone help us?

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

I can look at the logs if you send me a download link in a PM (private message).

It will take me a couple of days for a while.

Message 6 of 8
anthonyst74
Aspirant

Thank you.  How do I send the logs?  

Message 7 of 8
anthonyst74
Aspirant

I sent you a link to the logs.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors