× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas 6.4.1 DLNA issue - duplicated folders and missing elements

Seur18
Tutor

Readynas 6.4.1 DLNA issue - duplicated folders and missing elements

Hi.

I'm an old user of Readynas, starting with the Duo and now I have a Readynas 314. The main use is for streaming content to DLNA clients and I have about 2TB of video and music files. Recently I have seen that the root of my shared is duplicated and some files are missing.

I have tried to stop the dlna service and launch de rescan via SSH to read the warnings of the scan, but there aren´t. I have tried to rename the folder and then in my clients the new name is duplicated. Is there any limit with the file.db?

I have tried too to disable dlna for the folder, rescan and then enable again , but no luck. What more can I do?

Best regards.

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Seur18,

With this current network setup, will it be okay if you will disable the device DLNA service and have the DLNA (disabled/enabled) on the share/s too? I hope you could give it a try.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Seur18,

Welcome to the community!

Did you notice this problem after an upgrade to 6.4.1 or any changes that might have triggered this problem? Also, can you send us a copy of your device logs so we can take a look at your system?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 13
Seur18
Tutor

Yes, I noticed this problem after the upgrade to 6.4.1 but not exactly after.

First I upgraded the nas to 6.4.1 and after the reboot I move 100GB of new videos to the nas. One day after I notice that some videos are not visible by dlna client. Finally one or two days later i rescan the folder to refresh the database and after that was when I saw the root folder duplicated. Since then I'm trying to fix it.

I just have send the logs.

Best regards.

Message 3 of 13
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you look in upnp-av.log you will see that it didn't like one of your videos, though it seems you may have removed that video already.

Message 4 of 13
Seur18
Tutor

Thank you ,but yes, I know. I saw this one when I tried to execute the full rescan by SSH. Then I deleted it and I tried again, but with no luck.

Best Regards

Message 5 of 13
BrendanM
NETGEAR Expert

It looks like you are using adaptive load balancing. Can you try disabling teaming and connect just 1 NIC and see if this makes any difference?

I have seen ALB cause problems in certain environments. I wonder if it might be confusing the DLNA clients here.

Message 6 of 13
Seur18
Tutor

Hi Brendanm.

I have tried that you said but no luck. I have disables the teaming and disconnect one nic but the DLNA clients can view the duplicated root folder.

The clue is that the two folder don't have the same items but I can't figure what video go to what folder. If that was a network issue the two folders must contain the same items, is't it?

Message 7 of 13
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Seur18,

With this current network setup, will it be okay if you will disable the device DLNA service and have the DLNA (disabled/enabled) on the share/s too? I hope you could give it a try.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 13
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Do you have snapshots + "Allow Snapshot Access" enabled?

Try turning off Allow Snapshot Access and rescanning.

Message 9 of 13
Seur18
Tutor

Hi BrianL.

I just disable DLNA on the share and then disable the service while I keep the only one nic network configuration. After that I have reenabled it and now the duplicated root folder issue is gone, when I browse to the nas I only see the content of the folder like before.

I have back to the adaptative bind and after rescan I have all like before, for this reason I suppose that the problem is solved.

Thanks.

Best regards.

Message 10 of 13
Seur18
Tutor

Hi kohdee.

No I haven't snapshots on the nas, this cannot be the issue but thank you for the interest.

Best regards.

Message 11 of 13
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Seur18,

We're glad that it's solved now. It seems strange that folders duplicated while the system is in adaptive load balancing setup. We look into this and investigate if this is a really a problem.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 12 of 13
Seur18
Tutor

Hi all.

I have replicated the issue and It's not related to network. If you enable dlna on a share for all type of contents and then change it to, for example, video and audio, when it rescan you will have to see the duplicated root folder. After that you have to disable dlna on this share, then the service and then reenable it for all type of content to return back to the previous state.

Best regards.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements