× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas Backups

The SMB Plus app is no longer an option on the device.  I have 2 other Readynas units with the same firmware and I have the option to install it on them.

Message 26 of 32
StephenB
Guru

@Jeff_Howard_sps wrote:

The SMB Plus app is no longer an option on the device.  I have 2 other Readynas units with the same firmware and I have the option to install it on them.

You can still install it manually.  Download the app's deb file from https://apps.readynas.com/pages/?page_id=9 and then upload it on the apps page.  The upload control is easy to miss, it's in the upper right of the page.

Message 27 of 32

Well, at least it installed.  I need to reboot tonight to see if the NAS is Happy or not.

Message 28 of 32
StephenB
Guru

@Jeff_Howard_sps wrote:

Well, at least it installed.  I need to reboot tonight to see if the NAS is Happy or not.

SMB Plus just gives you access to some configuration settings for SMB.  You shouldn't need to reboot the NAS in order to run it.

FWIW, I don't think the settings it exposes are likely to resolve your problem.

Message 29 of 32

Well I think there are bigger issues going on.  after the SMP Plus app was installed this is what I get when I open the app. My Other readynas devices appear to be normal.

Screenshot 2021-09-03 100227.png

Message 30 of 32
StephenB
Guru

@Jeff_Howard_sps wrote:

Well I think there are bigger issues going on. 

I'm thinking that also.  A factory default (and setting up the NAS from scratch) might be the only good path forward.  Of course you'd need to restore all the data from backup.

One thing you could try first - there is a repair script that might help here: https://gitlab.codycook.us/readynas-scripts/share_lun_ui_fix.sh

This does require ssh access (in case you haven't done that before, you need to use root for the username, and the NAS admin password).

Message 31 of 32

I think cutting my losses and starting over is the best idea.  I have a new 8 bay NAS arriveing today.  so I will make a fresh copy of everything that needs to be saved and do a factory wipe when I'm ready.  Its time for a heardware refresh anywhat I think.  this device is 6 years old.

Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements