× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Duo 2xRAID0

charliwest
Aspirant

Readynas Duo 2xRAID0

I have read through previous posts about this issue but can't seem to find the right bit I need to do.

I have 2 2TB drives and I would like to be able to use the full space with no redundancy, but I don't want to strip the data, I would like to have 2 volumes. Lots of people talk about how they have c and d volumes, but when I configure it with X-RAID it says its striped and there is nothing mentioned about c and d.

Does anyone know where I am going wrong?

I have also deleted the volume once its started up and I cannot see how I can create 2 different volumes, it just doesnt seem to have the option, am I going mad!?

Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas Duo 2xRAID0

To do what you want you need to use Flex-RAID not X-RAID. Instructions to make the switch are here: Configuring Your ReadyNAS for Flex-RAID. You'll need to backup your data, do a factory reset, then discover NAS using RAIDar etc.
Message 2 of 6
charliwest
Aspirant

Sorry I did mean Flex-RAID, thats what I had done, but started in RAID0, so I need to configure in RAID1, delete volume, is that different than doing it in RAID0 then deleting, as I have already tried that?
Message 3 of 6
charliwest
Aspirant

OK, home now, and I cannot get this to work, I delete the volume and then have the option to create one, I create one with one disk as RAID 0, it wants to restart so I let it, then when I reboot I have no option to do anything with the second drive, any ideas?
Message 4 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You have to wait for the first volume to finish being created before you can create another one.
Message 5 of 6
charliwest
Aspirant

After all that the drive is actually faulty which could be the reason I could get it set up, on Mac, Linux, Windows and my ReadyNAS its seen as a drive of 0Kbs, opps, I will get it replaced and try again, thanks mdgm 🙂
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements