× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Duo Network Connectivity Failure

gwales
Follower

Readynas Duo Network Connectivity Failure

Hi All,

Having a nightmare with a legacy ReadyNAS Duo.

It boots fine getting to stable blue light and two green lights for disks, however there is no life in the network connectivity. I cannot get the network connection to light.

I have tried OS reset and have tried direct connection. The cables I am using work fine. Windows just reports the network cable unplugged and raidar clearly will find nothing in that mode. Same via the router.

I have also manually set the IP to 192.168.168.160 on 255.255.255.0 and still nada

I have tried mounting the disk to a Sata caddy and usb on the pc using an EXT utility. I could see content, but it was only reporting 600Mb of data and the other ext partitions would not read at all which seemed to be where my content is.

I want to recover my content form this and throw the damn thing in the bin given its useless to me without current Windows support (Smb 1 issue).

Anyhing else I can try? It seems teh NIC might be faulty..

TIA

Gary

Model: RND2000v1 (ReadyNAS Duo v1)|READYNAS DUO v1 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas Duo Network Connectivity Failure

It does sound like the NIC is faulty (which is not repairable). 

But you can offload data if the Duo is using the default XRAID setup.  Try your caddy again, but this time use R-linux-for-windows instead of your ext utility ( https://www.r-studio.com/free-linux-recovery/ ).  If you don't see the data files with disk 1, try disk 2. The two disks aren't quite identical - the "parity" disk doesn't have a volume partition, so you can't see the files with normal tools.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements