× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Duo firmware 4.1.16 cant browse just goes to Documents..have activated windows features

iancowans
Aspirant

Readynas Duo firmware 4.1.16 cant browse just goes to Documents..have activated windows features

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
iancowans
Aspirant

Re: Readynas Duo firmware 4.1.16 cant browse just goes to Documents..have activated windows features

Sorry for the delay in replying ...yes enabled the SMB which didnt make any difference, however after having a power cut for some time and my nas's rebooted .  Then when I next tried the duo it worked ok ...very strange as nothing seemed to have changed ....Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas Duo firmware 4.1.16 cant browse just goes to Documents..have activated windows features

What device and application are you browsing from?  

Message 2 of 5
iancowans
Aspirant

Windows 10 pro with Raidar

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@iancowans wrote:

Windows 10 pro with Raidar

Did you enable the SMB/CIFS 1 client in "turn windows features on or off"?

If so, what happens if you run CMD and enter

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nas-ip-address\C /user:admin nas-admin-password

using the real IP address and admin password of course.  Be careful on the spaces and the slash directions.

The first command terminates any open SMB sessions.  The second attempts to mount the NAS data volume as drive letter T (which requires NAS admin credentials).

Message 4 of 5
iancowans
Aspirant

Sorry for the delay in replying ...yes enabled the SMB which didnt make any difference, however after having a power cut for some time and my nas's rebooted .  Then when I next tried the duo it worked ok ...very strange as nothing seemed to have changed ....Thanks for the help

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements