× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas OS 6.9.2 NAS to NAS Backup Path Error

Readynas OS 6.9.2 NAS to NAS Backup Path Error

I recently had a memory failure in my active directory controlled ReadyNAS 312 which caused the NAS to deny any authentication requests. I was able to diagnose a memory failure after some further testing and replaced the DDR3 RAM without issue. Prior to the memory failure, I had the ReadyNAS 312 configured to use an SSH Rsync to backup nightly to an offsite ReadyNAS 314. Since I was still concerned about corrupted data and a damaged OS from the memory failure, I decided to do a factory reset and reconfigured everything the same way based on my previous configuration documentation, copying in the backup data from the remote NAS.

Everything is now working again locally, but in OS 6.9.2 I can’t set up my backup’s path the same as my documentation, which worked previously.

When specifying the backup destination I had previously used:

Name: remote: Rsync over Remote SSH

Host: <IP Address of Remote Host>

Port: 22

Path: data/<Folder under remote SSH User>

Login: <SSH remote Username>

If I press “Test Connection” it works, however, when I click "Apply" I am given an Error “Be sure to correct errors” and it highlights the “Path:” label in red.

If I then change the Path to be “/data/<Folder under remote SSH User>”, and click “Test Connection” I get the Error “Unable to connect to host.”:

Name: remote: Rsync over Remote SSH

Host: <IP Address of Remote Host>

Port: 22

Path: /data/<Folder under remote SSH User>

Login: <SSH remote Username>

But if I click "Apply," it will allow me to save the configuration. If I then try to run the backup it fails to connect and in the logs it is showing how it takes the information entered in the gui and adds 😕 and then the path:

Backup Destination: [remote:rsync+ssh]/ <IP Address of Remote Host>://data/<Folder under remote SSH User>/

According to my own internal documentation from when I set up the initial backups last year, the older versions of OS 6 used to give this error when originally setting up the backup, but then you could edit the settings and remove the leading “/” to make it work, whereas now the error is triggered in both places, or so it would seem.

Any suggestions as to how to address this?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: Readynas OS 6.9.2 NAS to NAS Backup Path Error

I solved this for now by using SSH to modify the path in /etc/frontview/backup_jobs.conf to "/data/<Folder under remote SSH User>/", removing the double "//". The GUI won't allow me to save it correctly, so any updates to backups will have to be made via the config file for now I guess.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: Readynas OS 6.9.2 NAS to NAS Backup Path Error

I solved this for now by using SSH to modify the path in /etc/frontview/backup_jobs.conf to "/data/<Folder under remote SSH User>/", removing the double "//". The GUI won't allow me to save it correctly, so any updates to backups will have to be made via the config file for now I guess.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements