× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas Remote 'failed to connect'

chrismac1
Aspirant

Readynas Remote 'failed to connect'

Hi

I am currently unable to connect to the nas using Readynas Remote. I appear to be able to connect to the nas (it reconises the user name & password) but is unable to connect further (Error - Failed to Connect).

Hardware is Readynas Ultra 2
Software is version 4.2.22

Trying to connect from iPad & iPhone (Readynas Remote version 1.3.7) and remote PC.

I'm assuming that it will be something basic but would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Many thnaks

Chris
Message 1 of 7
engineerben
Aspirant

I'm seeing the same problem - ReadyNAS NV+ V2 5.3.6 firmware. "Failed to connect" from iPhone/iPad.

Works okay with remote Windows access, though...
Message 2 of 7
chrismac1
Aspirant

I have since been able to log in again via a remote PC but still unable to login through the iPad/iPhone...
Message 3 of 7
mpcats
Aspirant

Same problem here.

Hardware Readynas ultra 2
Raidator 4.2.19

Works fine from Pc and laptop with windows xp and 7. But "failed to connect" error from iPad/iPhone.
Message 4 of 7
NV_v2
Aspirant

Same problem here. Mac client does not work unless I actually REINSTALL the program every time I want to use it. Otherwise I get a log in error to the Leaf Network, iPhone connects to the NAS, reads the shares, and then gets "Failed To Connect". The PC client seems to be the only thing that works for me.
Message 5 of 7
marpater
Aspirant

Readynas Remote Software fails at installation bad es.dll fi

When I attempt to load the ReadyNAS remote access software on my windows 7 (x64) laptop it fails to copy files to the HD, saying that the program has a bad es.dll file or is incompatiable with Windows. The software I am attepting to load is Ver 1.6.5.18, I would appreciate any help I can get at this time. Everything else work fine when on the home network

ReadyNAS Ultra 2
Laptop which I am attepting to load Remote Access is Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Mark
Message 6 of 7
NV_v2
Aspirant

The latest update to the app solved all of my problems. The app works great now, AND you can now turn off "Allow Anonymous Access" - it allows access using the credentials on the NAS without sacrificing any security. Good job Netgear, it works well now, and is fast. 😄
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements