× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Replicate

dimitrin
Aspirant

Readynas Replicate

I have two devices, one at home and one at a remote location and the home NAS backups up to the remote NAS on a schedule. All works fine but I have a lot of history folders within each of the backup folders. I originaly made the mistake of setting them up as being kept for eternity, I have now limited the number of versions. My question is with the old folders be deleted over time or do I need to do it manually and also if I delete them now what impact will it have? I'm runnign out of space on the remote NAS hence the question although the required backup storage is well within the stored capacity it's just the versions that are padding it out.

Model: RN10211D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay,RN10421D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 4
jak0lantash
Mentor

Re: Readynas Replicate

I'm assuming you're using ReadyNAS Replicate, is that correct?

Afaik, during next run of the job, if successful, it will rotate (and flush) the old occurrences. Can you manually start the job to trigger that? Or do you fear not having enough space for a new occurrence?

Message 2 of 4
dimitrin
Aspirant

Hi jak0lantash

Thanks, yes I'm using readyreplicate, it's set for daily back up so will automatically run again tonight but I've still got a backlog of previous folders. Can I just delete these (or least early ones)?

Message 3 of 4
jak0lantash
Mentor

They're hardlinks. So in theory, you can delete the old occurrences without doing any harm to the newer ones. But, you'll only free capacity if the files aren't any more recent occurrences.
If you want, you can run the job manually from the Replicate website.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements