× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Ultra 2 failing. Memory test led codes please.

Rumpole
Aspirant

Readynas Ultra 2 failing. Memory test led codes please.

Ultra 2 not working. visible in Raidar but cannot be browsed.  Reinstalled OS and got an IP that worked (the default 192.168.168.168 would not accept incoming even when PC changed to 192.168.168.x) and into RAIDar /Frontview.  It will NOT accept any changes to configuration (password is ok but simply doesn’t write/save details changed). After a short while it develops a system error and frontview fails. The only way back in is to do another operating system reinstall which again gives me 10 minutes or less before it develops another system fault and crashes.  I have run the ‘memory test’ and have the following led sequence

xxxxxxxxxx

can anyone tell me if this is a memory test pass or fail!  I suspect the memory has failed somehow and am tempted to buy a new module to check but would like confirmation this is what is going on.  Why can these LED codes not be published somewhere please!

i would buy a new NAS but Netgear no longer seem to be supporting Logitech media server app which is the whole point of having it (unless someone can tell me differently - next discussion asks this)

Can anyone recommend correct memory module for this and best place to buy (UK but Amazon can do anything)

many thanks

Model: ReadyNASRNDU2120|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 2TB (1 x 2TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas Ultra 2 failing. Memory test led codes please.

No idea on the memory test LED indication. 

Did you try downloading the log zip file?

@Rumpole wrote:

Netgear no longer seem to be supporting Logitech media server

Netgear never supported it.  It was always a third party app, and not warranted or supported by Netgear.  As I think I've already said on another thread, there is an LMS app availailable for OS-6 on apps.readynas.com.  

Message 2 of 3
Rumpole
Aspirant

Re: Readynas Ultra 2 failing. Memory test led codes please.

I will have look there for LMS and see if can find someone using it.

There were no log files, as in nothing at all.  Slightly weird but Could be because I reloaded OS. I’m still suspicious of the memory module though as it simply failed to write anything from frontview.  Disks seem to be ok (no errors reported on either and would be odd if both failed at once).  The whole thing was coated in thick dust which may not have helped.  Does live in a room with a log burner...... 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements