× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas V2 Duo unable to access the data volume

Aussie_Ivan
Aspirant

Readynas V2 Duo unable to access the data volume

Hi folks

• I installed the new Google Nest Wifi yesterday and immediately after installing have not had access to the share folders in my Readynas Duo V2.
  • I have uninstalled the Nest wifi for now and put everything back to how it was previously with my Nighthawk Router but the problem remains
  • I can access the NAS through RAIDar app. and can see the share folders but am unable to access the files inside each share.
  • I can see the NAS and share folder in Windows Explorer as well but when I try to access the folders I get a failure message "Windows cannot access..."
  • RAIDar shows the system as healthy and I have green ticks on the two drives
  • The log says system is up but Volume Scan failed to run properly
  • The log also says The paths for the shares listed below could not be found. Typically this occurs when the Readynas is unable to access the data volume. (see attached image)
  • The system overview shows a black dot on Volume and nothing viewable in the Volume section (see attached image)

Any help with what may be going on would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Model: RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Have you downloaded the full log zip?  Likely there are more clues in there.

Message 2 of 12
Aussie_Ivan
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

Here is the full log..zip file attached. Any further help would be wonderful.

Thanks

Ivan

UPDATE: It would not accept zip file. I can print the log as pdf and upload. Which section is helpful?

Message 3 of 12
Aussie_Ivan
Aspirant

This forum wont accept the log file as a zip. What part of the log do you need. I can print as PDF and upload?

Message 4 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Actually you shouldn't post the log zip file publicly.

One option is to put it into cloud storage (google drive, dropbox, etc), and send a downloadable link in a private message (PM).  You'd use the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

I'd be willing to take a look - though I've never owned a v2 NAS.  It might be better to send thePM to one of the mods ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V ) and ask them to analyze the logs.

Message 5 of 12
Aussie_Ivan
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen. I have PM'd you will logs. Will also send to the other two you suggested.

Cheers

Message 6 of 12
Sandshark
Sensei

My best guess is that you configured your NAS to use a static IP and installing Nest changed the subnet your computers are on, isolating the NAS on a different one.  RAIDar uses a different discovery protocol and can see through that issue, but yout computer can't.

RAIDar should show you the NAS IP address (in the form WWW.XXX.YYY.ZZZ) and IPCONFIG typed into a command prompt will show you the computer address.  If the WWW.XXX.YYY parts don't match, that's your problem.

If you confirm that's it, you can likely find other posts in the forum explaining the ways to fix it, or just come back and ask a more specific question about that.

Message 7 of 12
Aussie_Ivan
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion.

I have checked the ip addresses.

NAS is 192.168.0.90

PC Default Gateway is 192.168.0.1

and the ipv4 address is 192.168.0.254

So I assume that mean that the NAS is still on the same network. and we are still no wiser as to the problem.

I wonder if Google Support would assist.

Message 8 of 12
StephenB
Guru

There are disk i/o errors on both disks in the log zip, so the timing with the Nest WiFi is coincidental.  I suspect you might have rebooted the NAS after the WiFi install.

I sent specifics in a PM.  The next step is to test the disks with Lifeguard in a Windows PC.  You can connect them either with SATA or with a USB adapter/dock.

Message 9 of 12
Aussie_Ivan
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen

I will actions your suggestion and post an update once I have tested the drives.

Much appreciated.
Message 10 of 12
Aussie_Ivan
Aspirant

Hi again

I have had Netgear level 3 log in and determine that my NAS itself is fine but both discs have become corrupt. I am trying data recovery on them externally.

Before closing the case I meant to ask them a question about putting new discs in.

If I put new discs in will they initialise and set up in the previous RAID1 setup automatically or do I need to set them up through the NAS Control Panel?

Thanks in advance.

Model: RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 11 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@Aussie_Ivan wrote:

If I put new discs in will they initialise and set up in the previous RAID1 setup automatically or do I need to set them up through the NAS Control Panel?

If you put in two blank disks, the system will do a factory install.  You'll end up with XRAID/RAID-1.  Everything will be set up to use the default factory settings, so you will need to set up the NAS again from Frontview.

So the answer is "both".

BTW, if the disks aren't blank, you might need to do a factory default using the boot menu in order to do the install.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements