× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas duo v1 migration

vitk
Follower

Readynas duo v1 migration

Hello, 

The NIC in my old Readynas duo v1 w 2x2TB disks gone bad. I got another Readynas duo v1 device, that came with one 2tb disk in it. I need to make the new Duo work with thedisks from my old one. 

If I just remove the disk that the new Duo has come with from it, and insert both disks from my old Duo, will that work and the data on old disks be intact? Or should I do something special, like' say, OS reinstall with my old disks?

thank you for your help 

Model: ReadyNASRND2220|ReadyNAS Duo 4TB (2 X 2TB)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas duo v1 migration

First manually install the same firmware on the replacement NAS as you are running in the original.  If you don't know the firmware, then just install the latest firmware on the replacement (currently 4.1.16).

Then power down the replacement, remove the disk drive.  Then insert the two disk drives form the old NAS (keeping them in the same slots).  

After that, just power it up.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas duo v1 migration

First manually install the same firmware on the replacement NAS as you are running in the original.  If you don't know the firmware, then just install the latest firmware on the replacement (currently 4.1.16).

Then power down the replacement, remove the disk drive.  Then insert the two disk drives form the old NAS (keeping them in the same slots).  

After that, just power it up.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements