× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas pro 6 - no volume

StephenB
Guru

@tony359 wrote:

what do you think the next step should be now?

I don't see any simple way, though there might be one I guess.

You might need to remove and reinstall it.

Message 26 of 34
tony359
Apprentice

I guess I'll have to try that. CrashPlan have refused to help - they just pointed out the errors in the logs for me.

Have you seen any more similar cases around?

Message 27 of 34
StephenB
Guru

@tony359 wrote:

Have you seen any more similar cases around?

Unfortunately no.

Message 28 of 34
tony359
Apprentice

Right, I've gone ahead and reinstalled.

The service now starts and stays up but I still have the same error. I can now connect to the engine but it won't recognise my ID - System error: if problem persists re-install CrashPlan (this is the Windows GUI).

Any chance my CP is somehow looking for the Java installed on the ReadyNAS??

The engine_error is empty till I try logging in via CrashPlan GUI from windows. The moment I hit enter it gets populated...

I believe the moment I log in it starts some service which require Java. Previously the engine was already logged in and those services were already starting every time I was starting the engine.

[11.18.16 20:29:25.752 INFO  17919_AUTH-1 backup42.service.peer.Authorizer] AUTH:: CPC session is LOGGED_IN
[11.18.16 20:29:25.802 INFO  17919_AUTH-1 p42.service.ClientServiceManager] CSM:: ------------------------------
[11.18.16 20:29:25.803 INFO  17919_AUTH-1 p42.service.ClientServiceManager] CSM:: Starting authorized services.
[11.18.16 20:29:25.874 ERROR 17919_AUTH-1 backup42.service.peer.Authorizer] AUTH:: Failed to authorize, authorized services failed to start., java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to start authorized services.
STACKTRACE:: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to start authorized services.
	at com.backup42.service.ClientServiceManager.authorize(ClientServiceManager.java:222)
	at com.backup42.service.CPService.authorizeServiceManager(CPService.java:3051)
	at com.backup42.service.peer.Authorizer.doWork(Authorizer.java:812)
	at com.code42.utils.AWorker.run(AWorker.java:149)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected to be healthy after starting. The following services are not running: {FAILED=[AuthorizedStorageService [FAILED]]}
	at com.google.common.util.concurrent.ServiceManager$ServiceManagerState.checkHealthy(ServiceManager.java:710)
	at com.google.common.util.concurrent.ServiceManager$ServiceManagerState.awaitHealthy(ServiceManager.java:549)
	at com.google.common.util.concurrent.ServiceManager.awaitHealthy(ServiceManager.java:316)
	at com.backup42.service.ClientServiceManager.authorize(ClientServiceManager.java:207)
	... 4 more

[11.18.16 20:29:25.877 INFO  17919_AUTH-1 backup42.service.peer.Authorizer] AUTH:: Error = CPErrors.Global.SYSTEM : []
Message 29 of 34
tony359
Apprentice

(sorry, can't edit anymore)

It's clear that my libstdc++.so.6 is the wrong architecture. I need the 64bit version. How does that work in Linux, can one of you guys just send it to me and I copy it on the system and that's it? My ReadyNas is quite standard, I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem!!

Exception in thread "AuthorizedStorageService STARTING" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: libstdc++.so.6: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
	at com.sun.jna.Native.open(Native Method)
	at com.sun.jna.Native.open(Native.java:1759)
	at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(NativeLibrary.java:260)
	at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getInstance(NativeLibrary.java:398)
	at com.sun.jna.Native.register(Native.java:1396)
	at com.sun.jna.Native.register(Native.java:1156)
	at com.code42.jna.leveldb.LevelDBJNA.<clinit>(LevelDBJNA.java:30)
	at com.code42.jna.leveldb.api.DBFactory.toNativeComparator(DBFactory.java:112)
	at com.code42.jna.leveldb.api.DBFactory.open(DBFactory.java:23)
	at com.code42.archive.AbstractLevelDBFile.open(AbstractLevelDBFile.java:72)
	at com.code42.service.storage.AuthorizedStorageService.open(AuthorizedStorageService.java:126)
	at com.code42.service.storage.AuthorizedStorageService.startUp(AuthorizedStorageService.java:82)
	at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractIdleService$2$1.run(AbstractIdleService.java:54)
	at com.google.common.util.concurrent.Callables$3.run(Callables.java:95)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Message 30 of 34
StephenB
Guru

Actually I think the issue is that Crashplan is trying to use the 64 bit version for some reason.  On my system it is using 32 bit.

But I don't know how to resolve it.

Message 31 of 34
tony359
Apprentice

I fixed it.

Simply had to go back to the System 1.8 Java and not the Java coming with CP. I'll see if I can update the system Java to the very latest version but I'd be reluctant to do so to be honest.

From my own guide

- Edit install.vars file using your favorite editor (Notepad++ recommended)

locate the following line:

JAVACOMMON=/usr/local/ (cannot remember the original path!)

replace the path it with the following: /etc/frontview/addons/bin/EJRE/ejdk1.8.0_33/linux_i586/jre/bin/java

the final string will be

JAVACOMMON=/etc/frontview/addons/bin/EJRE/ejdk1.8.0_33/linux_i586/jre/bin/java

This thing that every year CP is breaking my NAS is honestly unacceptable.

Thanks for your help Stephen, invaluable as usual.

Message 32 of 34
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tony359,

Thank you for sharing your resolution and/or workaround. We appreciate your contribution to the community. 

Feel free to post any suggestions, questions, recommendations or anything about your NAS that you think needs attention or will help others.

Regards,

Message 33 of 34
StephenB
Guru

@tony359 wrote:

I fixed it.

Simply had to go back to the System 1.8 Java and not the Java coming with CP. I'll see if I can update the system Java to the very latest version but I'd be reluctant to do so to be honest.

Good to know.

It's odd that CP tried to install 64-bit Java on your machine, but not mine.

Message 34 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements