× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas showing Volume C lifesupp!

mfhosting
Aspirant

Readynas showing Volume C lifesupp!

Our readynas PRO became inaccessible this weekend and is now showing a message that says "Volume C lifesupp!". I had just replaced a drive that had increasing smart errors and the RAID volume was resyncing when I left for the day on Friday, so I suspect it detected another drive failure during the resync. I opened a case with netgear support (#16229000) but it has been about 9 hours and no response from them. I am hoping one of the Jedi could give the support team a gentle nudge. -Thanks
Message 1 of 10
arjoseph1
Tutor

Do not worry this will be picked up by one of the L2 techs. Please continue to bear with us. Thanks.
Message 2 of 10
mfhosting
Aspirant

Still no response from netgear. Are there any other support options? I really need to get this NAS back up and running
Message 3 of 10
PapaBear1
Guide

Do you have a current and complete backup or at least a backup of the data you cannot afford to lose?
Message 4 of 10
mfhosting
Aspirant

Finally heard back from level 2 tech support this evening they are now escalating to level 3. We do have a backup of the absolutely critical shares but hopefully it wont come to that.
Message 5 of 10
PapaBear1
Guide

Hopefully not, but it always better to have that plan B just in case.
Message 6 of 10
arjoseph1
Tutor

I really do apologize for the delay of the reponse. Rest assured that the support team are doing their best to resolve your concern. Regarding PapaBear's idea, I definitely agree with it, it's always good to have a backup and a plan B. 🙂
Message 7 of 10
mfhosting
Aspirant

Never heard back from Level 3 support last night. Called support today and after being on hold for 30 minutes was told that they have no way to contact level 3 support and that someone from level 3 should call me in the next few days!! Is there anyone on the ReadyNas team that can help escalate this?
Message 8 of 10
mfhosting
Aspirant

Just heard back from Level3. Thanks to anyone who poked them.
Message 9 of 10
arjoseph1
Tutor

Keep us posted with the progress. 😄
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements