× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recover Deleted File – Harder Than it Needs to Be

JosephAE
Aspirant

Recover Deleted File – Harder Than it Needs to Be

I believe that I might be making this harder than it needs to be. I am trying to recover an important file deleted from a Netgear ReadyNAS that was missed during routine backups.

The unit is a ReadyNAS Pro Business running in X-Raid2 mode with 6 x 500GB drives installed. Three drives in original setup and the last three drives were added incrementally over time. All disks are in perfect condition. No drive failures. Recycle Bin was turned off. Trying to recover accidently deleted file.

I immediately turned off the NAS, removed and labeled all six drives. Connected each drive separately to a laptop and created an image of each drive with R-Studio saving each image off to a new USB drive.

My questions are:

1. Do I have to rebuild the raid structure to recover the file?
    1. If so what is the best product to use? (R-Studio, ReclaiMe)
      1. How do you use R-Studio or the combination of R-Studio and ReclaiMe to build the raid drive?
      2. What are all the disk setting that should be used for a ReadyNAS running X-Raid2 so that the raid is recognized?

1. If I don’t have to rebuild the raid structure or was successful at rebuilding the raid structure what product do I use then to recover the actual file?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Recover Deleted File – Harder Than it Needs to Be

Hi JosephAE,

I believe you have posted the same topic before. Kindly check this old post and let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Recover Deleted File – Harder Than it Needs to Be

Hi JosephAE,

I believe you have posted the same topic before. Kindly check this old post and let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements