× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reinstalled OS, can't log in

glashoppah
Aspirant

Reinstalled OS, can't log in

Not sure about the model number, it's an original Pro Business with 6 drives.  Has worked beautifully for quite some time, and I'm a "if it works, don't fix it" type of guy, so I've never been motivated to spend $$$ to change it.  All I've ever had to do is feed it the occasional drive (seems like enterprise class drives just don't last as long as you'd expect, good thing they have 5-year warranties.)

Anyway, woke up this morning to "no network link", everything looks fine, little blinky lights are all blinky, but switch reports data going out but none coming back.  Nothing on RAIDar.  So I got into the boot menu and did an OS reinstall.  This fixed the network link problem, it's back online, shares are accessible, but now I can't log in to the admin page.  Tried my admin password, nope.  Tried the default admin password of "password" (according to online docs), nope.  Tried every other password I've ever had in my life, nope.  OK, so... how do I log back in?

Thanks for your help in advance.

G.

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6310|ReadyNAS Pro 6
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Reinstalled OS, can't log in

Hi glashoppah,

Have you tried using netgear1 for the password? If your ReadyNAS Pro Business runs on the original OS 4.2.x firmware, the default admin password for ReadyNAS Pro is netgear1.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi glashoppah,

Have you tried using netgear1 for the password? If your ReadyNAS Pro Business runs on the original OS 4.2.x firmware, the default admin password for ReadyNAS Pro is netgear1.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
glashoppah
Aspirant

THANK YOU SO MUCH.  

G.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo