× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remote Desktop states -"remote access to the server is not enabled"

Ken46
Follower

Remote Desktop states -"remote access to the server is not enabled"

Hi

Rececent;y obtained new laptop, and decided to use an existing RND 2000 v2. for my backup. Not used for a couple of years on my existing system. 

Checked the Netgear support, joined the My NETGEAR account, and downloaded to laptop the latest versions of RAIDar, ReadyCloud, ReadyNAS OS.6, and RAIDiator. 

Inially had problem finding the NAS, but eventually got into the setup by using the IP address, but this was not the usual frontpage that I was used too. Finally logged in and was able to inspect the 5 separate directories. Logged out, but when I went to log back in, I got the following message:-

Remote Desktop - Remote access to the server is not enabled. 

I would like to get back into one of the directories, and copy some files before undertaking a clean install, as have 2 larger drives to replace the existing 500GB drives.

Any suggestions!!!.

Model: ReadyNAS RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Remote Desktop states -"remote access to the server is not enabled"

What firmware is your Duo running?  It should either be 4.1.x or 5.3.x.  Raidar should be able to show you this.

Either way, Netgear deprecated the ReadyNAS remote service last September, and your end-of-life Duo isn't compatible with ReadyCloud.  Note it also can't run OS 6 firmware.

Can you log into the NAS by entering http://nas-ip-address/admin in your web browser?  Use the real IP address of the NAS of course.  You likely will get a security warning in your browser, which you will need to click through.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements