× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remove default gateway on ReadyNAS RN102

arnova
Aspirant

Remove default gateway on ReadyNAS RN102

Recently I've changed the setup of my LAN and decided to remove my ReadyNAS's internet access. To accomplish this I changed the ReadyNAS network interface from DHCP to static IP AND I removed the default gateway (tried both blank AND 0.0.0.0). Now the problem is that everytime I reboot the NAS it reverts back the default gateway to what it previously was (192.168.1.1) instead of leaving it empty. Is there any way to fix this?

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Remove default gateway on ReadyNAS RN102

Maybe set it to an unused but valid address (192.168.1.xxx, with xxx > 1 and < 255).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Maybe set it to an unused but valid address (192.168.1.xxx, with xxx > 1 and < 255).

Message 2 of 5
arnova
Aspirant

Yeah, setting it to an unused IP works! Strange that you can't remove it then. Seems like a bug to me. For now I'll just use your workaround. Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello arnova,

It does appear that the work around from the previous respond actually work. We encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello arnova,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements