× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remove inactive volumes message after upgrade to Firmware 6.10.4

keith_dennis
Follower

Remove inactive volumes message after upgrade to Firmware 6.10.4

I recently upgraded my healthy RN104 from 6.10.3 to 6.10.4.

It took ages to restart after upgrade then I couldn't logon to it so eventually I surrendered and purchased GearHead support then made a call only to be told that my NAS is beyond support !?

The tech did however take me through the USB Recovery procedure which eventually allowed me to logon to see the message 'Remove Inactive Voumes' ! - they were working fine before the upgrade and I double checked all the logs in case I had missed any disc issues - none.

He said he couldn't help me any further as it was out of support but suggested I post here and someone (?) would help me get to the bottom of this.

So here I am - help !!!

What do you need to know ?

What do I need to do ?

I really don't want to loose this volume if I can at all help it  !

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Remove inactive volumes message after upgrade to Firmware 6.10.4

You might have purchased the wrong support contract.  Your NAS is no long manufactured, and out of warranty - but you should still be able to access paid support. So they should be able to help with your problem (but it's possible it would require a separate data recovery contract).  @JohnCM_S@Marc_V - can you help? 

Message 2 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Remove inactive volumes message after upgrade to Firmware 6.10.4

Hi keith_dennis,

Welcome to the Community!

The Gearhead support contract does not cover the ReadyNAS unit. The contract that you need is the Oncall 24x7 Support contract. If you wish to avail of that support contract, you may do so by logging in to https://my.netgear.com. You may also provide me your contact details and the serial number of your NAS via private message. I will check if I can endorse you to the proper support team that can offer the necessary contract.

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements