× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk #1,2,3,4,5,6

bolter
Aspirant

Remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk #1,2,3,4,5,6

I have a Readynas ultra 6 plus. After upgrading to OS 6.10.7 I now get a message saying Raid 5 inactive remove inactive volumes to use the disk in Raidar.

I can see the folders I had setup in windows file explorer but cannot access them. On the admin page in Raidar it says that the 2 volumes are full (no space free) but I know that is not true, there was 6.7TB free space before this happened. Is there a way I can recover my data please.

bolter_0-1653777190925.pngbolter_1-1653777303109.png

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
bolter
Aspirant

Re: Remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk #1,2,3,4,5,6

I Reset The Nas And Then Re-Installed OS 6.10.7 and Now All Is Good.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

There are a lot of causes for the inactive volume problem, and normally I recommend using Netgear support.  

But that is not available to you, since you have a converted legacy ReadyNAS.  @rn_enthusiast sometimes helps users here with this problem, and might chime in here.  Get a full log zip file while you are waiting.

Do you have a backup of the files?  It would be more direct to do a factory reset, and restore the files from backup.

Message 2 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

@bolter wrote:

I have a Readynas ultra 6 plus. After upgrading to OS 6.10.7 I now get a message saying Raid 5 inactive remove inactive volumes to use the disk in Raidar.

If you mean right after the upgrade, that's to be expected.  The OS6 is incompatible with the old file system from OS4.2.x.  That's why all the conversion instructions say the first step is to backup the data and that the conversion does a factory default.  If that's the case, but you never did the factory default last step in the conversion, you should be able to do a USB recovery to OS4.2.31 and see your data again so you can back it up before doing the conversion again.

If that's not the case, then don't you still have the backup you made before the conversion?

Message 3 of 4
bolter
Aspirant

I Reset The Nas And Then Re-Installed OS 6.10.7 and Now All Is Good.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements