× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Repeatedly jumps to "Connecting to the readyNAS admin page" preventing NAS administration

Derekj1
Aspirant

Repeatedly jumps to "Connecting to the readyNAS admin page" preventing NAS administration

I am trying to do some admin tasks on my ReadyNAS and it immediately jumps to the "Connecting to the ReadyNAS" admin page, takes five minutes for the progress bar to load, and then says "ReadyNAS Admin Page is Offline" but the NAS is working fine, and I can access it through Windows Explorer. I use it to host audio files that I stream, and that works fine. The streaming software used to be on the NAS a few years ago but just stopped working about two years ago and I've never been able to get it to work properly again, so I put the media software on my PC and just target the audio files on the NAS. So there are NO applications running on the NAS.

When I try to access the NAS with RAIDar, it has no trouble finding it.

The NAS is running firmware 6.9.3, and when I use RAIDar to look for a FW update, it says my firmware is running the most recent copy (that's also what the downloads page says). 

The NAS is plugged directly into my fiber internet modem/router with an ethernet cable

The NAS is 92% full, but it's only about 55% full of my files and the rest is snapshots that get deleted as they are replaced with newer ones.

I've read through all the "solved" threads and frankly, they are hard to follow. What does "the NAS to the internet with correct DNS settings" even mean? How would I do that? The NAS is working fine and accessible from the computer so it's hard to see how the DNS would be incorrect, but how would I even do that if there is no GUI to access (RAIDar does not appear to have any screens for this). 

Sometimes the admin pages will load and not jump to "connecting to the admin page" message for 10-15 minutes (eventually it always does- guaranteed). But when it's available, I try re-installing the Logitech Media Server software from the NAS Apps page. It appears to go through the whole install process, according to the pop-up messages, and then just ends without anything being installed. the "Installed Apps" page shows nothing, even thought I had this running with no problems for about two years.

I have read all the threads about this, so to clarify:

- I've cleared my cache.

- rebooted the PCF multiple times

- disabled any anti-virus software (the only thing I'm running is Windows Defender)

- I usually use NordVPN but it is disconnected

- tried with Chrome and Firefox and I have the same problem

- nothing else on my network (multiple computers, multiple wifi-connected streaming media devices) is having any problem so hard to see how "something is interfering with my internet connection" when all the internet connections are working fine except the NAS admin page.

This is totally maddening and has reduced the NAS to a glorified external hard drive. Even if it were mirroring data on the disks, being unable to get to the admin screens suggests I'd be hosed if I ever needed to recover anything from this. I'm about ready to try a Drobo or some other brand and sell this one on ebay. 

Any help to get this to work properly would be greatly appreciated! I am not a computer or network engineer and shouldn't have to be to use a consumer product effectively 🙂

thanks in advance.

DHB

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Repeatedly jumps to "Connecting to the readyNAS admin page" preventing NAS administration

Please download your logs using RAIDar and then send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)

Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Repeatedly jumps to "Connecting to the readyNAS admin page" preventing NAS administration

The NAS is connecting fine to the internet.

The anti-virus service is using up a lot of resources.

Looking at your logs I can see snapshots on 4 shares taken back in early August.

You last did a factory reset way back on 6.0.8. It could be a good idea to backup your data, verify your backup is good. Do a factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything) and restore your data from backup.

I can see that quotas are enabled on your data volume. You may wish to turn those off.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements